Misconception

CG   Monday, June 14, 2004, 17:42 GMT
Why does one "labour under misconception"? I mean, it is not exactly hard to be mistaken.
Jim   Tuesday, June 15, 2004, 02:41 GMT
You do the labour because of your false ideas. For example, the Mormons ride their bikes about converting people, abstain from coffee and booze, etc., all because of their crazy set of ideas that Joe Smith dreamt up. They labour under the misconception that their cult is the true religion.
Might Mick   Tuesday, June 15, 2004, 04:26 GMT
What's with the aggro Jim? Do priests haunt your past?
Jim   Tuesday, June 15, 2004, 06:37 GMT
No aggro. No priests haunting my past ... if there were, though, why take it out on Mormons? No, Mormons were just the first example that sprang to mind.
Damian   Tuesday, June 15, 2004, 07:01 GMT
Yes, those Mormons do "labour under a misconception" if they think that they can convert us..the heathen Scots! If that is not beating your head against a brick wall then what is it? No tea? No coffee? AND NO BOOZE? Yeah, crazy is the word for that "misconception". Why do they always patrol in pairs? And why are they always guys in smart suits and about seven feet tall? And why are they over here? I would have thought they have more than enough work to do back home in the USA! That is, unless I am mistaken and "labouring under a misconception". Somehow, I don't think so.