Polite sentences with "fuck"

Jordi   Wednesday, July 14, 2004, 06:07 GMT
What's the origin of "fuck". Is it Old English? Why is it such a resistant slang word that never goes out of fashion? Just wondering.
Damian   Wednesday, July 14, 2004, 07:18 GMT
Acoding to my tome dictionary:
Fuck
1 to have sexual intercourse with (someone)
2 an act of sexual intercoure
3 a partner in sexual intercourse
4 not care (as in "I don't give a fuck"
5 (offensive/taboo): an expression of strong disgust

Origin: Germanic, related to Middle Dutch: "fokken" meaning to strike.

Personally I don't like the word or the sound of it, and I am no prude! It's just one of those things. Some ordinary words I like and others I don't, for no clear reason.
Damian   Wednesday, July 14, 2004, 07:20 GMT
* Early morning typo: according
Mi5 Mick   Wednesday, July 14, 2004, 07:40 GMT
Little Ant,
I don't suppose there isn't an equivalent in your language that's used in your nation's cinema? It's not unique to English or English speaking cinema, you know.
Eugenia   Wednesday, July 14, 2004, 23:43 GMT
Well, if you want to know sentences with fuck, you should download ''Uses of the word fuck'' (Adam Sandler) It's so funny!!!!!
Xatufan   Thursday, July 15, 2004, 02:00 GMT
Well, according to my dictionary... Well, in my American (U.S.) dictionary, it doesn't appear. It's quite weird cuz it's very used in the U.S.
mjd   Thursday, July 15, 2004, 03:47 GMT
jane   Thursday, July 15, 2004, 10:54 GMT
Why is it that when one is learning a language one always learns the bad words and then goes into this shock you mode by using them?Rest assured
by using such words you are not making a good impression on anyone.You know the word you know the meaning move forward.
Your name:   Thursday, July 15, 2004, 21:12 GMT
*speaking with a British, snobbish accent* Oh, little Anttie, you're growin' up to be a perfect fuckin' gentleman. Continue fuckin' around like this and you might get invited to a dinner with the fuckin' Queen of England because of your politness. Oh, I meant to say "your fuckin' politness".
Little Ant   Friday, July 16, 2004, 02:43 GMT
Thanks Gentlemen. I would like to take soon your advices of good politness, but now I'm playing bridge, so excuse me if I'm fucking absent. Anyway I must admit that I like this ugly expressions that I hear all the time when I visit Fuckingham Palace to meet Her Fucking Royal Highness. By the way, last week I was too busy listening the fucking slang of Prince Charles when he and I were at hunting (of course, with fucking ecological bullets) with little Henry and William. We were talking about some lyrics of The Smiths and Sex Pistols when suddenly, Gerald, one of those fucking butlers, looked at us with undescribable elegance and pronounced loudly the most beautiful words I've ever heard: "fuck off!".
Mi5 Mick   Friday, July 16, 2004, 04:46 GMT
Told ya this moronic discussion was bogus... Reeks of a little ant stuck on his own goop at the centrefold of a glam magazine.
Damian   Friday, July 16, 2004, 07:13 GMT
Your name:

erm...sorry to tell you, but the "snobbish British accent" wasn't really that convincin'.... Liz wouldn't have been impressed. Also there is no proof that she still engages in the activity.

Politness?

Little Ant:

Henry and William are hardly "little" anymore, especially Will. Have you not seen him lately?
CG   Friday, July 16, 2004, 11:22 GMT
Two things. "Your Name" if you were really speaking with a snobbish British accent (because as we all know, only Brits can be snobs) you'd have put your "g"s on your "fuckin"s. And politeness has two "e"s.

And Little Ant, "little" Henry in fact goes by Harry.
Damian   Friday, July 16, 2004, 13:58 GMT
Aye, you're right, CG and Harry doesnae look a bit like his "dadie'" does he?
CG   Friday, July 16, 2004, 15:52 GMT
heh heh.