who's your daddy?

Baseball fan, aka Joanne   Wednesday, October 20, 2004, 19:06 GMT
<<GO YANKEES!!! lol >>

Game 7 is tonight! Had to pay a scalper 4x the cost of tickets... for the bleachers! lol The Yankees will win, dammit! Something silly and terrible will happen to the Red Sox that will give the Yankees the win... as per the Curse of the Bambino.

Give 'em hope and snatch it away... 'tis the Yankee way!
Ed   Wednesday, October 20, 2004, 20:33 GMT
Baseball fan, aka Joanne you going to the game? Are you from NYC?
Joanne, who works in NY, but lives in NJ   Wednesday, October 20, 2004, 20:47 GMT
Yes, I'm going to the game :-) In fact I'm leaving right now to beat rush hour traffic!

If you see me on TV, I'll be the one in a Yankees basball cap, wearing a navy jacket, screaming like a banshee...

Oh wait a minute... that would be almost everyone in the Stadium! lol

Anyway, GO YANKEES!
Ed   Thursday, October 21, 2004, 16:01 GMT
We Lost!!!!!!!!!!
Joanne, are you still alive? lol
Joanne   Thursday, October 21, 2004, 16:24 GMT
*pulls the adrenaline syringe out of her breastbone*

W-W-We....L-L-L-Lost!!!!

The world is slipping off its axis, going to hell in a handbasket, and barreling towards Armageddon!! The end of days is nigh!!! Repent and pray for your wretched souls, ye faithless heathens!!!!

Ed, you should have been there :D The drunken fights that broke out in the bleachers... eeek, no more bleacher seats for THIS chick!

Only the NL can keep the Curse alive now :P If the Cardinals win, Bosox won't stand a chance. lol

At least now I can sleep for a while, and fully recover from this stupid virus that won't go away. No more 12- and 14-inning games that last until the wee hours of the morning! lol
Ed   Thursday, October 21, 2004, 22:32 GMT
I'm praying for the Red Sox to catch diarhhea for the World Series LOL

Hey what part of Jersey are you from? I live in Queens. Have you been here?
Joanne   Thursday, October 21, 2004, 22:54 GMT
Diarrhea... LOL the Curse of the Bamb-b-b-b-bino :D Poor Nomar...excuse me... NOMAAHH. He must be kicking himself up the arse lol

I lived in Whitestone when I was very young, then in Mineola. Now I live Fort Lee!... very bridge-and-tunnel!

You live in Queens and aren't a Mets fan? Nifty!
Ed   Friday, October 22, 2004, 02:04 GMT
<<You live in Queens and aren't a Mets fan? Nifty! >>

Are we stereotyping? LOL Not only do I live in Queens, but I live in Flushing - 1 subway stop away from Shea Stadium, and I think the Mets suck lol
Joanne   Friday, October 22, 2004, 03:41 GMT
Oh, right! I remember being told that a great deal of Yankee fans live near Shea, and a lot of Mets fans live near Yankee Stadium. Odd, but there it is.

Well, the Cards won tonight, which is great, thank God! :-) Normally I'd be American League all the way, but cheering the Sox is utterly repulsive to me...

Fenway and Busch Stadiums are going to be a sea of red for a week, I'm gonna go adjust the brightness and contrast on my TVs now. Happy World Series! :)
Ed   Friday, October 22, 2004, 20:01 GMT
I hate the fact that I'm not gonna be able to enjoy the World Series because of my upcoming exams :-(

BTW how ridiculous is the name World Series when it's only American teams playing LOL
Joanne   Saturday, October 23, 2004, 01:29 GMT
Typical, culturally imperialistic, American arrogance. Typical, typical, typical. I can't imagine them getting bent out of shape about it, though! :D The world cares about baseball the way Americans care about cricket. LOL
Cody   Saturday, October 23, 2004, 02:28 GMT
"BTW how ridiculous is the name World Series when it's only American teams playing LOL"

There are 2 teams in the MLB from Canada: the Toronto Blue Jays and the Montreal Expos, making the World Series an international competition ;-)
Boy   Saturday, October 23, 2004, 02:48 GMT
<The world cares about baseball the way Americans care about cricket.>

I'm on the floor, rolling over. One of the best description I have ever read. I feel that Americans don't wanna make it as a world sport cuase if that happens, Australia will be an unbeatable champion of the game.
Joanne   Saturday, October 23, 2004, 15:17 GMT
Cody~
You beat me to it. Yes, you're right, it is an international game!

Boy~
:D Well, no, not the Australians! The Japanese teams have turned out some *awesome* players over the years. Americans and Canadians wouldn't be able to handle the psychological trauma of getting our butts handed to us by the Japanese! *shudder* Perish the thought!
Ed   Saturday, October 23, 2004, 21:35 GMT
<<There are 2 teams in the MLB from Canada: the Toronto Blue Jays and the Montreal Expos, making the World Series an international competition ;-) >>

The Montreal Expos recently moved to Washington Dc, so there's only one Canadian team left. It's a matter of time for the Blue jays to leave too LOL

I read somewhere that the name World Seris was created to attract more people - that is, when people heard "world", they'll think it involves teams from around the world, therefore is more interesting. To me, that's an insult to the average American's intelligence lol