Three reasons for this are possible:

1 You are a bad driver
2 She is a careless pedestrian
3 You have a personal grudge against her
andre in south africa   Thursday, April 21, 2005, 07:06 GMT
LOL @ Damian
andre in south africa   Thursday, April 21, 2005, 07:08 GMT
>Charlize is a tall blond hottie<

Speaking of tall blonde beautiful South African women, watch out for Miss SA at this year's Miss Universe pageant...
Bob   Thursday, April 21, 2005, 08:05 GMT
<<Three reasons for this are possible:

1 You are a bad driver
2 She is a careless pedestrian
3 You have a personal grudge against her >>

English idiom:
run into - meet by chance, bump into, run across; "Did you run into anyone you know? See any old friends?"

http://home.t-online.de/home/toni.goeller/idiom_wm/id513.htm

Or were you just displaying that charming wit of yours again, Damian?
Damian   Thursday, April 21, 2005, 08:11 GMT
Yep, BOB.....I was I reckon...pathetic or what? LOL Of course there are several meanings to the phrase "run into". For instance, not so long ago some "nice" person "ran into" the back of my car which was parked neatly and not causing any offence. It's true what they say about the particular gender which does not have very good spatial skills......
Deborah   Thursday, April 21, 2005, 08:15 GMT
andre,

Did Juliet Prowse group up in South Africa? I always thought she did, but when I went looking for pictures of her
http://members.fortunecity.com/johnrobinson10/scansp/prowse/s.htm
I came across quite a few conflicting bios, some of which seemed to indicate that she never lived in South Africa.

At any rate, for me, she will always be the ultimate tall, (white) South African bombshell.
Deborah   Thursday, April 21, 2005, 08:18 GMT
Juliet Prowse, by the way, never sounded American, but I don't know whether she was ever supposed to speak in any accent other than her natural one (whatever it was).
Richard   Thursday, April 21, 2005, 08:27 GMT
>...watch out for Miss SA at this year's Miss Universe pageant...

Miss SA will have to become Miss Australia first...
Willem   Thursday, April 21, 2005, 08:30 GMT
"How good is Charlize Theron's (American) accent"

Now there's a non sequitur.
andre in south africa   Thursday, April 21, 2005, 09:11 GMT
Deborah

Yes, Juliet Prowse did grow up in South Africa, allthough she was born in India (her parents were South African)
andre in south africa   Thursday, April 21, 2005, 14:34 GMT
Charlize: I saw mom shoot dad
01/03/2004 22:27 - (SA)

Marga Ley

Johannesburg - Charlize Theron, South Africa's Oscar winner, is and remains opposed to the death penalty - and her role in the film, Monster, as serial killer Aileen Wuornos, has not changed her opinion about this.

In an interview at the international premiere of the movie in Berlin, Charlize said the role actually had made her realise, even more, how ineffective capital punishment was.

There has been widespread speculation that Charlize had special empathy for Wuornos, who shot and killed a number of men after shooting the first one in self-defence.

Charlize's mother, Gerda, shot and killed the star's father, Charles, on their smallholding in Putfontein, Benoni, about 13 years ago.

An inquest into the shooting found that Mrs Theron had shot him in self-defence.

For many years, Charlize told people her father had died in a car accident.

Recently, in an interview with Primetime Thursday on ABC television, she spoke about the tragic events.

"My father had a disease. Alcoholism.

'Threatened to kill all of us'

"He and my uncle drank before they came home. My father phoned and warned us he was on his way home.

"Nature gives you instincts and, that day, I knew something was going to happen.

"He shot open the lock in the gate and then the door. He stormed through the house and threatened to kill all of us."

Her father fired a shot in Charlize's room. She was 15 years old at the time.

"My mother grabbed her own gun and shot him dead. It happened. I wish I could change it, I wish I could change it, but I can't.

"I was there. I saw what happened. There were three people in that room.

"I would have done the same as my mother if it were my daughter. You think something like this will not happen to you, but it does."

Charlize phoned the police.

She said Wuornos was doomed to a tragic life.

"I think her entire life was just water rushing down a drain. And, it just went faster and faster.

"I don't think sentencing and killing people who committed murder necessarily sends out the right message."
andre in south africa   Thursday, April 21, 2005, 14:49 GMT
andre in south africa   Thursday, April 21, 2005, 17:15 GMT
Esta Terblanche - she was in All My Children

What do you think of HER accent?
Julian   Friday, April 22, 2005, 04:02 GMT
<<Liar.>>

Hmm. So says the guy who makes a habit out of spamming this forum.