Speaking to older people

Kirk   Sunday, May 15, 2005, 08:09 GMT
Ooh those are great pics. I believe I've been to San Francisco's Ocean Beach (not to be confused with San Diego's Ocean Beach...haha)--a great place. The funny thing about San Francisco is that even tho it has some great stretches of Pacific frontage, to most of the crowds and tourists it may as well not exist. I like making it out to the more western and southern parts of The City (read: far from Market and the BART stations...even tho that area's cool too) just to walk around the smaller residential neighborhoods and maybe stumble upon a hole-in-the wall cafe or restaurant. Those are always the best :)
Deborah   Sunday, May 15, 2005, 15:46 GMT
<< The funny thing about San Francisco is that even tho it has some great stretches of Pacific frontage, to most of the crowds and tourists it may as well not exist. >>

This might have something to do with our unusual weather. Most people think of going to the beach in the summer, but that's when our beaches tend to be cold and foggy. They're great in the fall, though. More than a year after I returned to SF after my 8-year stay in New York, I was still missing NY terribly. But one day in mid-November, when I was enjoying the balmy weather at Baker Beach, I decided SF had it's own appeal.