my disappointment about mjd

Ben   Monday, May 30, 2005, 03:46 GMT
"The problem, I think, is that since this forum doesn't have a sophisticated set-up like some others I've seen, and there are no categories of topics, there can't be a category for posts that are unrelated to the primary focus of the forum."

I actually kind of like the informal, bare-bones nature of the forum. It's a refreshing change from the cutesy avatars, silly emoticons and lengthy personal quotes that litter most forums out there.

Also, it's helpful for beginning English learners (an important part of this forum's purpose, in my opinion) that there isn't a lot of complicated registration stuff.
Travis   Monday, May 30, 2005, 03:49 GMT
Ben, but remember that that is the same sort of thing that allows spammers to try to push all or almost all of the threads into the archives basically at will, which obviously is more detrimental than introducing a registration system, especially one that allowed optional registration-less logins (which would still log IP addresses and prevent one from using names which had already been registered and like), would be.