two wives

Guest   Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:37 am GMT
I want to become a polygamist but it's not popular in my country. So I need to learn another language to be able to speak to potential wives, what language do you recommend for maximizing my chances?
Guest   Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:34 pm GMT
Arabic and English , since the only cultures that practice polygamy speak these languages: Arab countries and the Mormons.
Guest   Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:37 pm GMT
Do all Arabs practice polygamy?
Guest   Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:03 pm GMT
A man can marry with 4 wives in Islam without divorcing anyone. I think it is a good rule. One of my aunts was unble to concieve a kid so her husband got married with another woman without divorcing her. Both wives live happily together and there are no rifts. Also, love has no limits - it just happens so if I fall in love with more than one woman I'd practice polygamy. Indonesia, Malaysia, Arab countries, Subcontinent...In fact you can get married with any woman in the world. There is no such restriction but I guess you have to change your religion or something if you want to poractice polygamy.
Skippy   Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:03 pm GMT
I'm pretty sure most cultures at one point or another have practiced polygamy. According to wikipedia, it has been practiced in India and China, as well as within Judaism, Islam, and Christianity.

Originally polygamy had a basis in economics. If someone could afford to have several wives and support many children, than they were allowed to by their society.
Guest   Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:55 pm GMT
Polygamy is indecent should not allowed. Also polygamy always refers to women, not to several husbands, because women are considered as objects in those cultures which allow polygamy.
Guest   Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:08 pm GMT
Polyandry! You look it up!