garmmatical problem

maya   Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:04 am GMT
hi pals

I want to know which one is right & "why"?

when disasters happen in special place , it is the boys who have agreed to help again and again

when disasters happen in special place , they are the boys who have agreed to help again and again

when disasters happen in special place , it is the boys who agree to help again and again

when disasters happen in special place , they are the boys who agree to help again and again

the first one is choosed as a best one in the book , but i 'm in doubt ...
Jim   Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:07 am GMT
I'm say the 3rd or 4th depending on what you mean.
Guest   Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:13 am GMT
'in special place' makes no sense.
maya   Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:23 pm GMT
ok

please tell me whether we can use the plural noun after "it is " like 1st & 3th or not ?

and also it is better use "have +pp" after who or "simple present" after who in these sentences ?
Jim   Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:12 pm GMT
typo: "I'm" ==>> "I'd"

I'd say the 3rd or 4th depending on what you mean ... and, yeah, "in special place" makes no sense. You can use the plural noun after "it is" but don't use present perfect, it doesn't match "when disasters happen".
Guest   Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:24 pm GMT
"please tell me whether we can use the plural noun after "it is " like 1st & 3th or not ?"

You can.

"it is the boys" means that you are referring to boys in general and contrasting them with non-boys. It's like saying "it is the boys, not the girls, who agree to help again and again."

"they are the boys" means that it's a specific group of boys who agree to help again and again.