English spoken EVERYWHERE

Guest   Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:26 am GMT
<< So, the bottom line is that Spanish is the most studied language among US college students in general, so please don't try to down-play that. Before people get sensitive or try to argue the point, just please know that I don't hold anything against French, but I'm just saying how it is in the US. Thanks. Gracias. Merci. >>

The bottom line is Spanish outranked French and German just in the US and to other countries it's way behind French, German, Russian, Italian, and even Japanese.
Guesto   Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:37 am GMT
<< The bottom line is Spanish outranked French and German just in the US and to other countries it's way behind French, German, Russian, Italian, and even Japanese. >>

That can't be entirely true because Spanish is the 3rd overall most studied language in the world (after English and French) and the 4th in Europe (after those and German. So how can it be "way behind"? I've met a fair amount of Japanese students who study Spanish as well, inside and outside of Japan. It looks like Spanish is doing alright considering the competition. Por que te preocupas tanto?
Guest   Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:48 am GMT
Я думаю, что можно жить без проблем зная только русский язык. Знатоки лингвистики уже несколько раз математически доказали, что русский лучше всех остальных языков во всех отношениях. Я бы сказал, что это значит, что можно обходиться без знаний английского. Эксперты, кажется, согласны со мной. Я надеюсь, что вы решитесь заниматься русским. К тому же, русская культура более развита чем другие вульгарные культуры как английская. Отдайтесь великому русскому языку!
Guesto   Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:57 am GMT
^.....what?
Guest   Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:25 pm GMT
Su tabaco, gracias.