Which language is more illogical in grammar or pronunciation

Xie   Tue May 13, 2008 1:16 am GMT
>>French grammar is really not that complicated, the language is only daunting because of its complex spelling system which is debatably more complex than English (I say debatably because I'm an American and, to me, French is more complex, although to a Frenchman surely English may seem more complex).

And I say debatably too because, for all its mute letters, I can guess most spelling combinations with some 80 rules... while for English I can only guess consonants around 95% and vowels 60% of the time. French has no rules about mute letters, and English has only one schwa rule, but in this aspect they are really close competitors...

(I haven't heard of writing bees, why?)
Guest   Tue May 13, 2008 1:43 am GMT
I don't know about French dictees, but English spelling bees are always full of weird foreign words that no one ever uses.
alhoppas   Thu May 15, 2008 12:21 pm GMT
Hi! i began to study French but then i was upset when i saw that in French it is used so many tenses for past and for the future time and also there is written French that is accepted mostly for documents... i read this in grammar book... can anybody say me what tenses are used really for spoken French?