Britain / England considered the 52nd fifty second state ?

Guest   Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:04 pm GMT
And the British aren't the only Europeans who drive on the left. The Swedes and Hungarians do, too.

Wrong! Neither do.
Guest   Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:19 pm GMT
"The Swedes and Hungarians do, too"
LOL, what an ignorance.
Damian   Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:55 pm GMT
****yeah sure please stay away Britain , go have a look at statistics :

Britain the worst in Europe: TOP 5

Number 1 in EU for - binge drinking***

Who shays we are the worsht binge drinkersh in the EU???? Shorry, but if I may a lot of miskates in this posht itsh because I'm blootered out of my brain as I've jusht got home from town and the pub.....hey man! what a wild night itsh been....yup! I only punched the lights out of two coppers on the way home........

I wish I'd been the the London tube last night...one almighty bingeing party right up until midnight last night on practically the whole tube network...thousands of people making the most of the situation before the complete ban on alcohol anywhere on the London Underground system which came into force today 01/06/08. What are they going to do about all those Circle Line parties from now on? Plenty of nosh, cool, but no wine or alcopops or ale anymore!! :-( what a bummer......

See the pics on the links at top left of link below. Bingeing Britain at its best.... :-) .....if you look closely you will see that a fair number of the thousands of revellers besieging the entire London tube system.....from Wimbledon to Cockfosters, from Heathrow Central to Upminster, from Morden to High Barnet, from Uxbrdge to Epping, from Amersham to Stanmore, from Limehouse to Lewisham, and every station in between....don't actually look 100% British! :-) Och no! - they've caught the British Tippling Disease......guilty by association!

The largest, wildest mass party on the London tube last night.....wish I'd been there. Normally my trips on the London tube have been half dozy affairs early in the morning along with squillions of other commuters on the way to work and knackered affairs on the way back in the evening.....never saw a single binged up Brit..well, not every day! :-)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/gallery/2008/jun/01/tube.drinking?picture=334507295
Damian in Edinburgh   Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:30 pm GMT
Bingeing Britain at its finest.......you were dead right, pal...spot on. We are! :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qfKQoQS3lI&feature=related
shame on the Brits !   Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:44 am GMT
"yeah sure please stay away Britain , go have a look at statistics :

Number 1 in EU for - binge drinking
Number 1 in EU for - Anti-social behavior
Number 1 in EU for - teenage single moms
Number 1 in EU for - child poverty
Number 1 in EU for - Mental Depression"

Shame on the Brits! and PLEASE do GET OUT OF THE EU ! We dont need you here!

Adam - If you want to get Britain out of the EU - You have my support!
Damian in Edinburgh   Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:54 am GMT
I also want to mention that I love flirting with you guys, it turns me on, oohhh yeah, another wank...my ass is so tired now, got to find a narrow bottle, smells a bit like shit, but you get used to it....

oh well, thanks guys!
Wintereis   Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:56 am GMT
"Number 1 in EU for - Mental Depression"
I imagine the mental depression is due in large part to all the rain they get in Brittan.
The depression makes them binge drink. The teenage mothers and child poverty are caused by the binge drinking.

And . . . what can I say about the anti-social behavior, I think that is a trait that is essential to the British.

I've never heard Brittan referred to as any part of the U.S. other than by continental Europeans. It certainly is not said among Americans. We are less pasty and have better dental plans than the British. The continental Europeans seem to be missing several big points if they think that the U.S. and Brittan are politically alike. Brittan is more leftist than a good share of the U.S. U.S. hates monarchies, and Brittan still has a Queen. Actually, the U.S. only pretends to dislike monarchies. In reality we've elected two Adams, two Roosevelts, two Bushes, almost two Kennedys--hought about a third, and are seriously concidering a second Clinton.
Flizz rio de janeiro   Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:19 am GMT
Never heard about Brits being generally anti-social. People here usually thought Germans were a cold people. but that idea is already starting to fade, thankfully. And I just happened to find out on my own that Germans are actually the most welcoming people I've seen so far in the EU. At least in Berlin, where I've been. I think that wrong idea came mostly from the way Germans are still being portrayed in Hollywood movies, especially in WWII movies. I wonder when they'll start producing movies about more recent events like Israel and Palestine and what's really going on today.

Ah.. the French people are widely regarded as arrogant here. But I don't trust in generalization. I like picking up on retail, not wholesale.
Damian in Edinburgh   Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:01 am GMT
The last posting made three posts back - [Mon Jun 02, 2008 02:54 hours GMT] - and in my name, is bogus - made by some person who needs better things to do with his/her time.

As the genuine Damian fom Edinburgh I just want to confirm that I would never say such crass and offensive things as displayed those in that post, but as in all Forums on the internet you run the risk of coming up against numbnuts like this.
Damian in Edinburgh   Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:04 am GMT
Transpose "displayed" and "those" in the penultimate line and it should make sense.
Daman n Edinburgh   Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:16 am GMT
I wonder who this Brittan is that Wintereis was banging on about?

I've never heard of him (or her). Please enlighten me as I'm intrigued to know who this person is.

I have loads and loads of reference sources available to practically every kind of information at my disposal and all I could come up with was a former British politician called Leon Brittan, who was a Conservative MP for Richmond, in Yorkshire. Is this the guy you were talking about?

Poor bloke....apparently he still has a Queen! :-)
I hate spam   Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:30 am GMT
"yeah sure please stay away Britain , go have a look at statistics :

Number 1 in EU for - binge drinking
Number 1 in EU for - Anti-social behavior
Number 1 in EU for - teenage single moms
Number 1 in EU for - child poverty
Number 1 in EU for - Mental Depression"

Shame on the Brits! and PLEASE do GET OUT OF THE EU ! We dont need you here!

Adam - If you want to get Britain out of the EU - You have my support!"

it looks like most europeans dont like the brits, and not just in this forum
Flizz rio de janeiro   Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:21 pm GMT
I do remember some Spaniards complaining about drunk stuck-up young Englishmen in Barcelona, and how they usually rave out loud in the streets at night. But then again, I've met some nice English people here in Rio de Janeiro.

Yes, they were nice.. at least, as long as you don't tell them our soccer (football) is better than theirs.
Guest   Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:50 pm GMT
<<And the British aren't the only Europeans who drive on the left. The Swedes and Hungarians do, too.

Wrong! Neither do. >>

Didn't Sweden drive on the left side a few decades ago? I seem to recall they they switched over some time ago with great fanfare.
Guest   Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:51 pm GMT
<<The last posting made three posts back - [Mon Jun 02, 2008 02:54 hours GMT] - and in my name, is bogus - made by some person who needs better things to do with his/her time.>>

Don't worry about it -- lots of imposters use my nym, too. :)