Lanuage stereotypes

Colette   Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:01 am GMT
English:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAA_qbiOQ5k&NR=1

This one is really good
Niewe-Nederlander   Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:24 am GMT
Guess:

Hoogwaals vet bij uithoorma zijkstra ougge zaandensplaatsmij voortje ijspleenmaat ook grieuwelijks grijnteenvroom.
Linguist   Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:23 pm GMT
>>>Guess:

Hoogwaals vet bij uithoorma zijkstra ougge zaandensplaatsmij voortje ijspleenmaat ook grieuwelijks grijnteenvroom.

Zulu? :D
Guest   Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:35 pm GMT
English speakers don't even open their mouths when they speak that's why it's hard to understand

Spanish is quite clear (in most countries) and it sounds like a nice clean version of Latin.
Guest   Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:36 pm GMT
<Guess:

Hoogwaals vet bij uithoorma zijkstra ougge zaandensplaatsmij voortje ijspleenmaat ook grieuwelijks grijnteenvroom.>

that's some of the worst fake Italian I've ever seen...
Rosario   Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:40 pm GMT
German:Skrultreinh hgihausen anzeitung dieleber maiheim uberstrigtpfklung.
Guest   Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:52 pm GMT
"Hoogwaals vet bij uithoorma zijkstra ougge zaandensplaatsmij voortje ijspleenmaat ook grieuwelijks grijnteenvroom"

Hoogwaals = that's Hogwarts in Spanish, right?
Aryan Master   Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:59 pm GMT
<<Spanish is quite clear (in most countries) and it sounds like a nice clean version of Latin.>>

Spanish sounds like a Latin-Moroccan Arabic pidgin, nothing clean about it. It's all tongue when Spanish speakers speak. They just constantly trill their tongue. Very annoying if you ask me...
Guest   Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:05 pm GMT
Classy languages ( Latin and Greek) use trilled r. It's barbaric languages which have that ugly uvular r, like French and German. English is in the middle term, it was barbaric but in some way it improved and probably it will end up pronouncing the trilled R like the Spanish do. Tolkien had the same opinion.
Travis   Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:58 pm GMT
Actually, the English dialect around here in southeastern Wisconsin uses a uvular approximant /r/, and trilled /r/s are unknown here. Sorry to burst your bubble there.
Guest   Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:04 pm GMT
If you can pronunce 'red' in english you can pronunce 'carro' in spanish because more or less it's the same.
If you can pronunce 'kangaroo' you can pronounce 'r in 'cariño' the same way.
Guest   Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:08 pm GMT
Spanish Literature is the most famous on Earth: Cervantes, Calderon de la Barca, Lope de Vega Gongora, García Lorca, Unamuno, Vargas Llosa, Neruda, García Marquez, etc. I could cite dozens of universal Spanish writers, even surpassing English in this aspect. Clearly Spanish is the most important language in literature, more than Latin, Greek, or anything else.The first modern novel, Don Quixote, was writen in Spanish. Just compare this one to English novels like The Da Vinci code. It is miles away from that English shit. Only Greek is comparable to Spanish in this field.
Guest   Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:18 pm GMT
Da Vinci que?
Guest   Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:25 pm GMT
<<Calderon de la Barca, Lope de Vega Gongora, García Lorca, Unamuno, Vargas Llosa, Neruda, García Marquez>>

Never heard of any of these guys, or else I forgot their names completely.
Guest   Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:30 pm GMT
Never heard of any of these guys, or else I forgot their names completely.

It's normal that you never heard them. You are an illiterate.