I love you Josh!

Panurge   Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:20 am GMT
I love you Josh! Do you love me too?
Josh Lalonde *   Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:39 am GMT
Sorry but this is not a forum about politics.
Guest   Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:02 am GMT
No politics here ;). But you should allow more freedom to the people who want to express themselves here on Antimoon. I know the forum has some rules but please try to be more flexible! Only annoying spam should be deleted.
Guest   Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:52 am GMT
I like Josh too.
Guest   Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:36 pm GMT
Josh is great.

Though, I wish that when he closes a thread, that he would be more mindful of his comments. Certain comments like "This is stupid" are hurtful : (

I wish he would just close it, or say something like "I'm closing this thread" and that's it. No need for judgments, especially harsh ones.

Obviously, the people posting on the thread don't think it's stupid.

Everythime I see that, I just say "Ouuuch"...
Guest   Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:00 pm GMT
<< Certain comments like "This is stupid" are hurtful : ( >>

It's not clear that a thread should be closed just because it's stupid. Shouldn't they be closed only when there are TOS violations?

The closure notice should be something like:

"Thread closed -- Violation of IV TOS F 6.1a"
Guest   Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:50 pm GMT
I think he should judge threads on the quality of discussion rather than the subject. Stupid threads like "Spanish vs French" are left open for weeks and accumulate tens of pages of spam and flaming whereas interesting, though not entirely linguistically related subjects like the one about Scotland and Wales in the English section are closed because "this is not a politics forum". Ok, that's true, but they at least have some constructive discussion to help non-natives understand British culture. Also if "Spanish vs French" is ANYTHING BUT political, please enlighten me... The only comments about the actual languages are relating to how ugly one or the other is, hardly intelligent linguistic discussion!
Guest   Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:53 am GMT
<< Also if "Spanish vs French" is ANYTHING BUT political, please enlighten me... The only comments about the actual languages are relating to how ugly one or the other is, hardly intelligent linguistic discussion! >>

Perhaps the Scotland vs Ireland vs England threads would last longer if they were all about dissing each other's dialect, rather than countries.