help me in this exercise

aicha   Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:59 pm GMT
am I correct in the punctuation?
1-Emily formerly,Mrs.Goyette caught Mr.Andless' sleeve.Where no on could see and managed;it briefly but urgently.
2-Joseph,who is Gordon's brother,is a guard on the second string.
3-Dearest,his voice broke;he could say no more.
4-Louis and then,she has it still something near to genius for making importable persons,places,and situations sound attractive.
5-Some of my courses for example:French ,and Biology demand a great deal of work outside the classroom.
6-I know-I said ,but that is not the real bed what happened to it.
7-his second novel published last year;was a great success.
8-outside;the car park was soon full.
9-D.R. Laurence man and myth.
10-John suddenly shouted look out;he was got a gun.
11-they want some time to chill out,after their exams.
12-The London Birmingham Train.
13-if the manger is attending,will she please notify the office?
14-this has caused the great deal of pain,both mental and physical.
15-the company has never in deed;never be profitable.
16-she may have seemed a good prime minister;nevertheless she failed to face the facts.
17-the following items were missing:a credit card,a driving licence and a watch.
Russconha   Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:11 am GMT
Alcha, youare lucky I have no work to do!

Firstly, after a comma or semi colon, you should insert a space and for full stops, colons etc you need two spaces. I'm just typing that once.

1-Emily formerly,Mrs.Goyette caught Mr.Andless' sleeve.Where no on(e) could see and managed;it briefly but urgently. LOSE THE SEMI COLON

2-Joseph,who is Gordon's brother,is a guard on the second string. OK
3-Dearest,his voice broke;he could say no more. A COMMA OR 'AND' SHOULD REPLACE THE SEMI COLON

4-Louis and then,she has it still something near to genius for making importable persons,places,and situations sound attractive. AND THEN?

5-Some of my courses for example:French ,and Biology demand a great deal of work outside the classroom. NEVER USE A COMMA BEFORE 'AND' . WHEN LISTING THINGS A COMMA IS USED UNTIL THE ULTIMATE ITEM WHEN 'AND' IS USED. IN SPEECH, THE INTONATION GOES DOWN FOR EVERY LISTED WORD UNTIL THE ULTIMATE WORD WHEN THE INTONATION RISES.

6-I know-I said ,but that is not the real bed what happened to it. DON'T WORRY ABOUT USING HYPHENS,

7-his second novel published last year;was a great success. REPLACE THE SEMI COLON WITH 'IT'

8-outside;the car park was soon full. THIS WOULD BE OK IN A NARRATIVE

9-D.R. Laurence man and myth. OK

10-John suddenly shouted look out;he was got a gun. CHANGE SEMI COLON FOR AN EXCLAMATION MARK. CHECK GRAMMAR TOO!

11-they want some time to chill out,after their exams. NO COMMA NEEDED

12-The London Birmingham Train. WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO GO TO BIRMINHAM?
13-if the manger is attending,will she please notify the office? OK

14-this has caused the great deal of pain,both mental and physical. OK

15-the company has never in deed;never be profitable. わかりません

16-she may have seemed a good prime minister;nevertheless she failed to face the facts.  OK

17-the following items were missing:a credit card,a driving licence and a watch. SEMI COLON.

check this out for help

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semi_colon