How is RP viewed by non-RP Speakers in the UK?

I hate spam   Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:56 am GMT
"I'm right-handed but use the fork with my right hand. To use your left hand is illogical to me since. I wonder what genius invented that people must use the fork with their left hand. "

listen you redneck, that is because the fok arrived in america 250 years later after was used in europe, you have 2 hands, use them, you need to cut the food so you need to use your right hand, and keep the fork with left
Amazed   Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:36 pm GMT
With all of the serious issues in the world, it never ceases to amaze me how Continental Europeans on this site cling to their arbitrary "right and wrong" opinion of which hand should hold the fork and which should hold the knife. And they put forth their opinions on the subject with such vigor, as if it were the most important thing ever. Very petty, but that's the whole point of being European isn't it? Officious, judgemental, petty, devotion to bureacracy, not creating anything of value in the world for the last hundred years and of course there's the bathing phoebia, at least for the French.
European   Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:41 am GMT
culture starts with basics, learn good manners first. And then you can study other things... How can you be educated if you lack basic manners? that really amazes me!

You cant be a mathematician, if you cannot count to 10!
einstein   Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:46 am GMT
"Officious, judgemental, petty, devotion to bureacracy, not creating anything of value in the world for the last hundred years and of course there's the bathing phoebia, at least for the French"

Fuck off you redneck, all you created is weapons and junk food, everything else is imported including your language, DNA and genes !!!

E=mc² you obese redneck!
Guest   Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:13 am GMT
All the people who created the atomic bomb were Europeans.
Guest   Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:04 am GMT
Weapons are cool
Guest   Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:10 am GMT
"everything else is imported including your language, DNA and genes" the burger is not american either.

The only native american form of art is JAZZ music, (i love it) and that is black.
Ok   Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:08 am GMT
Surely it is easier for a right handed person to hold food still using the left hand and do the cutting with the right hand?.
Guest   Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:11 am GMT
I just eat with my hands. God, it just so much easier and more 'involved'.
Guest   Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:14 am GMT
I have notices as well the funny way americans eat, but you dont need a fork and knife to eat burgers and fries! lol
American   Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:53 pm GMT
I eat just with my mouth like my dog.
'ricain   Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:23 pm GMT
<<culture starts with basics, learn good manners first. And then you can study other things... How can you be educated if you lack basic manners? that really amazes me! >>

"Manners" has more to do with knowing how to treat others politely, showing basic consideration for others and behaving in a civilized manner. "table manners" is quite another thing altogether and completey arbitrary and relative to geography. Making fun of people because of the way they hold their eating utensils is decieddly bad manners... and it shows your own poor judgement and lack of education. I'm sure your parents taught you better, n'est-ce pas?