I Love Laura's English

Benny   Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:10 pm GMT
Laura Braun is a non-native English speaker who is courageous enough to communicate controversial opinions on this forum in a foreign language. Her references to faith based concepts are annoying to those of us who disagree with her, myself included, but I feel the forum would be less interesting without the color she adds. I hope she stays.

She doesn't like it when people give her a hard time or post silly things pretending to be her, but hopefully she'll be able to hang tough with that and get over it for our sake, because her posts enrich us... not because we need religion (I'm a firm secularist) but because we need diversity of thought to keep us fresh.

Further, her English is interesting because it provides a reference point for others who are learning our language and I find her sentence structure charming.
Football Hooligan   Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:13 pm GMT
Yeah, Laura stick around. Maybe we'll meet some day in football brawl! I'd love that!
Guest   Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:32 pm GMT
I love Laura's English too
Laura Bush ;)
Bad Jack   Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:27 am GMT
Laura Bush is totally doable.
Skippy   Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:03 am GMT
Laura-

Stick around!

Love, Skippy (Christian, capitalist, etc.)
Pentecostal Integrist   Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:34 am GMT
Please Laura don't abandon us. This forum needs you, together we can combat the sin and spread the truth.
K. T.   Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:03 am GMT
Are you serious? What is a Pentcostal integrist? Pentecostal, I understand, but not the other part!
Laura Braun   Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:20 am GMT
Oh God , you are so sweet.Tomorrow I will leave US and I thought it will be sad for me... I was just like everyone else coming only with the things which I have seen from Hollywood movies and reading from the newspapers... but nothing can be comparised with whole my language experiance here. I had even working at the telephone. Sometimes it was more dificult then you can imagine . I couldn't see people which I was talking with and I had to concentrate 100 % to recognize for what they were talking about... I wish to tell you that we are only pilgrims on this land and we do not posess nothing. All are posession is LOVE. That's the only gift which we have. May be people are separated, because of too much things which are staying between them, but listen I have seen so many diferent cultures, people are all the same. I have a dream that one day all people will leave in peace. That they will be no war, no hate. May be I'm a dreamer. But I wish if there are much more dreamers just like me. Wish you all the best and I hope that I will see you back again one day.
Laura Fan   Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:19 am GMT
Laura, you must post your regular contact email address here when you can so we'll know how to stay in touch with you. . I feel bad that you have been living so closes to my town and I didnt get a chance to ask where your next assignment. If you will be in southern california for a few days or a week i wud like to give u my email address
Its this: Badjack475@yahoo.com Laura, you cant go without meeting your fans, what part of los angeles are you in?
!   Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:08 am GMT
<<Laura, you must post your regular contact email address here>>

Laura: NO, YOU MUST NOT. Maybe a new unimportant address, that is, an account you can get rid of whenever you want, but DO NOT post your regular address.
John Lennon   Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:14 pm GMT
"May be I'm a dreamer. But I wish if there are much more dreamers just like me"
?
John Lennon   Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:15 pm GMT
"Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace."
Guest   Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:17 pm GMT
John Lennon was an arms smuggler.