Portugal to reform the language in favor of Brazil?

Guest   Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:48 am GMT
<<BTW education in Mexico is free (unlike the U.S.) therefore anyone who wants to become a doctor, a lawyer, etc. can do it.>>

This is not completetly true, in Mexico most public schools have a very low educational system so in order to get a quality education students must go to private schools. This is evident as middle class and high class parents send their kids to private schools. In colleges is the same situation many public universities are infested of parasite professor who only are ready to receive their salaries, producing at the same time low quality students who arent competitive in a globalized world. It's ironic that the private schools and colleges presented in Mexico are some of the best of Latin America and are able to compete with schools and colleges from Europe, the US, Canada Japan etc without any problem.

In other words, you can get acces to high quality education in Mexico only if you have money otherwise the public schools available won't be of much help if you wanna be competitive in a globalized world.

And before you start complaining about the wonders of the UNAM, IPN, and other public universities let me remind you how the wonderful "CGH", Unions, "the Mosh" and other parasites have screwed what used to be excellent academic choices. The Union of corrupt as hell "Esther Gordillo" is a living proof of how public education in Mexico can be sacrified in order to get political favosr and satisfy the greed of a criminal union leader by buying voters in exchange for a sandwich and a bottle of water (no kidding). The ITESM and the ITAM (both private universities) currently produces some of the most qualified graduated students, but quality eduacation isn't cheap in Mexico and you need to have a lot of money in order to enter into a private university.
J.C.   Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:51 am GMT
"In Mexican soap operas everyone is white, rich and speaks a standard formal written language devoid of colloquialisms and slangs (unlike American or Brazilian series which are more realistic)"
Brazilian soap operas can be realistic in terms of language but racism is PRESENT since Brazil is the second black nation after Nigeria but watching TV reminds me of watching Deutsche Welle or TVE since MOST PEOPLE are white and black people appear mostly as servants or in roles without much importance. Things get worse when one enters college since it is said that HARVARD alone has more black people than ALL BRAZILIAN universities together...
Racial democracy my butt...
Guest   Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:59 am GMT
People don't sell indians, indians themselves (the one that live separate in small towns in Chiapas) are the ones that sell their own daughers to their husbands (because it's part of their "beautiful" indian traditions) all of Mexico desaproves these types of costumes practized by these indians.

That's a big damn lie. An employe of the mayoralty of Tuxtla Gutierrez (a non Indian by the way) gave me the option of buying one Indian boy and two Indian girls in order to become domestic helpers in my place, he told me that was a common costume within Chiapas (and also guided me into quick tour in order to prove that) and by no means those boys should get access to education.

I also heard that people who denounced this situation in Chiapas with the local authorities didn't manage to see the daylight again.
Guest   Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:01 am GMT
Brazilian soap operas can be realistic in terms of language but racism is PRESENT since Brazil is the second black nation after Nigeria but watching TV reminds me of watching Deutsche Welle or TVE since MOST PEOPLE are white and black people appear mostly as servants or in roles without much importance. Things get worse when one enters college since it is said that HARVARD alone has more black people than ALL BRAZILIAN

It's the same thing in Mexico. Rich people in the soup operas are all white and by the look of their women (the majority blondes as hell) you can think that the country is located in Scandinavia while all lesser jobs (domestic helpers, plumbers, taxi drivers among others) are performed by brown skinned people predominantly Indian, mestizo or black.
J.C.   Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:20 am GMT
"It's the same thing in Mexico. Rich people in the soup operas are all white and by the look of their women (the majority blondes as hell) you can think that the country is located in Scandinavia while all lesser jobs (domestic helpers, plumbers, taxi drivers among others) are performed by brown skinned people predominantly Indian, mestizo or black."
Looks like all former countries in South America strive to get rid of the native Americans or blacks(I descend on both)...I had the opportunity to visit Mexico for a couple of hours when I crossed the border from Texas and felt EN CASA!!!Monterrey was a very beautiful city!!
Guest   Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:04 am GMT
J.C. weren't you learning Spanish?
J.C.   Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:19 am GMT
"J.C. weren't you learning Spanish?"
Guest: Yes, I'm still learning Spanish and like to watch "TVE" everyday and also listen to BBC podcasts in Spanish. But since I'm into French, Chinese and Russian study more and more these days I stopped studying for the DELE certificate...
The best way to study Spanish for a Portuguese speaker is to listen and read a lot I guess...
Guest   Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:57 am GMT
Jocelyn Wildenstein (born as Jocelynnys Dayannys da Silva-Bezerra) is Brazilian. Bezerra means female calf, but she decided to be a catwoman.
Guest   Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:23 am GMT
In Mexico there is a system of castes, like in India . It's the typical Indoeuropean social system.
Guest   Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:12 am GMT
What has Mexico to do with the spelling reform of Portuguese?
Tuco   Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:16 am GMT
Spanish Spammer, you are an idiot.
Guest   Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:06 pm GMT
<In Mexico there is a system of castes>

Who told you that? that's ridiculous, Mexican kids don't care about stupid stuff like that, they grow up being friends with everyone.
Guest   Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:22 pm GMT
Who told you that? that's ridiculous, Mexican kids don't care about stupid stuff like that, they grow up being friends with everyone.

Oh yeah? So maybe you can explain why the parents of white kids don't allow their own children to play and make friends with Indian or mestizo kids. Or why a brown skinned child suffers from racism in a private school.

Don't be blind by cheap third world nationalism
S.Correggia   Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:28 pm GMT
Spain - Germany 2:1
Guest   Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:45 pm GMT
"Oh yeah? So maybe you can explain why the parents of white kids don't allow their own children to play and make friends with Indian or mestizo kids. Or why a brown skinned child suffers from racism in a private school."

lol, where the heck did you get those things from? Mexico is not South Africa nor India, people get along perfectly fine without even noticing skin colour.

BTW following your logic then the U.S. also has a caste sytem because Blacks are at the lowest of society and white people don't let their kids to play with Blacks, etc. (in other words that's just ludacris this is the 21st century mate)