scrubs season 8

martin!   Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:04 pm GMT
why has scrubs been streched onto an eight final season?

i felt that season seven capped off the tv seris with a hint of excellence from the writers and production team. I feel that they will try and go all out on the final season beating every scrubs lover expectations

what is your veiws ? ?
Skippy   Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:13 pm GMT
My understanding is that most of the cast (Zach Braff and the writing staff included) were surprised that they were doing another season. It'll be on ABC (instead of NBC) and it is likely to have long jumped the shark, but for those of us that love the show, it'll still be fun to watch.

I'll enjoy the 8th season, no doubt, but the 7th season was probably enough... Like the Office (The US version) its climax is pretty much past, yet they keep writing episodes. I'm more familiar with film than TV, so I can't say much, but the producers of Scrubs may be holding on too long...

Scrubs is a great show (and accurate, my father's a physician and claims it is dead-on; this is coming from a guy who hates House, M.D. and Grey's Anatomy). But whenever I see a show go on for too long I always think to myself, "WHY NOT ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT?!?!"

Also, why hasn't the UK Office's Special been released on DVD on its own? I already have Series 1 and 2, but the Special only comes if you buy both series together... It's not right...

Oh, and can someone please make this topic relevant to English? I'd really like to hear what people have to say before it gets deleted... :-)
Bill in Los Angeles   Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:03 am GMT
Sarah Chalke is Canadian but I can't detect any regional accent when she speaks. I loved the episode where she spoke German. She sounded very authentic!

I'll never understand why they cancelled Arrested Devlopment. Portia Rossi is Austrailian and her American accent is spot on. I think that's sufficient reference to English to save the thread. Too bad, a long time ago we also lost Brooklyn Bridge, the Gary David Goldstein semi-autobiographical television drama about growing up in Brooklyn in the 1950s. One thing though, none of the characters sounded like they were really from Brooklyn, although Marion Ross did a great job of imitating a native speaker of Yiddish. According to a friend of mine who grew up in Brooklyn in the 50s speaking only Yiddish until she started school, Ross's acent was perfect.
martin!   Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:29 am GMT
hey skippy yea i agree that sersis seven was possibably enough. Although with all the special effects and effort put into the sersis finalie (my princess) i didnt think it was a particularly good episode. i think this season will be full of suprises but what will they do to end it ? how do you end this show which has 5-6 main chacarters.

Dr cox is due a spin off show i think. John McGinley is really important to scrubs and i think it would be crap to end his persona completely.
Bill in Los Angeles   Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:37 am GMT
Agreed. Especially given his interesting speech patterns.
martin!   Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:27 am GMT
although there could be some downsides .. for example take Joey from friends after 2 seasons that show has been axed..

even though im a big fan of joey .. extreamly funny
Skippy   Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:15 am GMT
I dunno if a spin off would be the right way to go either... And I'm saying that because I love Dr. Cox and I think a spin off would be a disaster lol

Sarah Chalke's family is originally from Germany (I think Mecklenburg-Vorpommern). She's also fluent in French. And I think she's actually going for US citizenship.