dealing with rude people in western nations

Wintereis   Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:00 pm GMT
Good heavens, I'm sorry I ever took part in such a debate.
JohnnyC   Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:55 am GMT
<<what ignorance??? When man see his Creator , he shall tremble with fear. It's not in you power to get to know that.>>

Laura, you are right on the money with this. Thank you!! These people have no soul. Half of them are barely human. I'm glad you wrote what you did and I admire your strength of conviction and your courage in standing up to these filthy heathens. As a Christian, the blasphemy I've read on this site sickens me. Jesus must be rolling over in his grave.
Guest   Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:01 am GMT
<<Jesus must be rolling over in his grave.>>

I thought he was in heaven? Or is he just an ordinary man of flesh and blood, a man who was a charlatan and a trickster.

Allahu akhbar! Allahu akhbar!
JohnnyC   Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:05 am GMT
<<Adding 'just kidding' doesn't make it better. It's still offensive. I detest niggers let's lynch them all! (just kidding) >>

Guest, if that offends you you need to grow a set of balls because you're way too sensitive. KT was making a light hearted joke, and one that was partially self-deprecating at that, with her reference to kazoo playing.

The fact that you would over-react and compare what KT wrote to lynching African Americans and referring to them using the "N word" would lead us to believe you're a little off your rocker. Have you been here long and have you read KT's other posts? If so you'd know that KT is thoughtful and intelligent and very witty, not at all bigoted as your post suggests. You should seek help. Your insanity is disgusting.
JohnnyC   Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:10 am GMT
<<I thought he was in heaven?>>

His spirit is in heaven but how can his body be in heaven? Don't you read your bible? Are you crazy?

<<Or is he just an ordinary man of flesh and blood>>

He lived 2000 years ago for christsakes. How could he be a man of flesh and blood when he lived 2000 years ago. There can't be any flesh that lasts that long! Wake up to your bible!

<<Allahu akhbar! Allahu akhbar!>>

Well, at least we can agree on that.
Guest   Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:14 am GMT
There is no God but Allah and Mohammed is his prophet!
Guest   Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:55 am GMT
<There is no God but Allah and Mohammed is his prophet!>

This is a language based forum.
Damian in Edinburgh   Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:37 am GMT
***I was just wondering how Damian reconciles all of this***

I'd do so in the manner of a fallible human being...no way would I ever cast the first stone. However, I do try hard to treat all people (and any other sentient being) in the manner in which I'd like to be treated, no matter what.
Guest   Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:55 am GMT
"Don't you read your bible?"

No.

"Are you crazy?"

Of course not. At least I don't read the bible.
Laura Braun   Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:40 pm GMT
People are scared to come to the light , because of their evil deeds. After Jesus there is no profit, everyone who comes after him is a liar.
Guest   Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:40 pm GMT
<<After Jesus there is no profit, everyone who comes after him is a liar.>>

I think "liar" is a strong word. I think people can be inspired and don't believe spiritual enlightenment stopped 2000 years ago. I know *you* believe that Laura and always enjoy your posts, even when I disagree with you because I know your heart is in the right place.
JohnnyC   Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:55 pm GMT
<<"Don't you read your bible?"
No.
"Are you crazy?"
Of course not. At least I don't read the bible.>>

Well if you're not crazy you're an asshole. Keep your narrow minded religious preaching to yourself. Your preachy attitude against the bible and Jesus come off as a religion in and of itself. Preaching against the bible with a narrow minded holier than thou attitude is as intolerant and annoying as intolerant Christians. Not all Christians are intolerant and not all atheists are intolerant. It's the "I have all the answers" variety of these two schools of thought that are annoying. So you better fucking do what I tell you and wake up to the bible! DO IT!!! NOW! Don't argue with me. You do as I say, not as I do. I'm not a Christian and I don't read the bible because I don't have to, but you need to.

I'm already enlightened enough from a spiritual perspective that I don't need to learn anymore to grow as a person. But you do and you need to start with the bible. Enough said. I think you have enough instruction now because I've made myself clear. Jesus christ are you an IDIOT??? Why are you still reading this post and not your bible??? Get one that has normal everyday language and not that Shakespeare shit version that you wouldn't understand anyway. I understand it but you probably would not. It's written in a different kind of English that was spoken in the Holy Land 2000 years ago... the kind of English Jesus and the apostles spoke back in the days when the Romans spoke Latin because they hadn't learned Italian yet and nobody had learned regular English yet. It's probably too much for you. You disgust me.
Damian in Edinburgh   Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:04 pm GMT
This thread has descended into a kind of evangelical soap box.

I fear we have landed slap!....wham!... bang! in the middle of the infamous American Bible Belt so will someone please point me in the direction of the nearest airport with direct flights back to Heathrow - I want the next plane out!
Guest   Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:45 pm GMT
<<After Jesus there is no profit, everyone who comes after him is a liar. >>

Isn't that a bit politically incorrect? In fact, in some places, won't a statement like this get you beheadded?

:)
Guest   Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:53 pm GMT
<<I'm already enlightened enough from a spiritual perspective that I don't need to learn anymore to grow as a person.>>

I bet they'll welcome you in dwarves land.