Good job antimoon

Stan   Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:53 pm GMT
Its good to know there is actually some level of moderation on this forum, I guess someone at antimoon read my original topic on the issue, and not only did they deem it as inappropriate topic and removed it, they also deleted some of the outrageous posts I talked about. Yes; "some," there are still some out there if you guys care to read all.

I forgive you (the owners of antimoon) for deleting my topic, but I'm happy that you acted on my observations, keep it up.

I wonder if you'll delete this topic, that'll be going to far with your moderation.
Laura Braun   Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:05 pm GMT
Please could you explain me your understanding about freedom of speech?
Damian in Edinburgh   Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:09 pm GMT
Freedom of speech is fine as long as it does not hit upon sensitivities and conscience and that facts stated are not just a wee bit too close to the truth for comfort. Then censorship kicks into play.
Stan   Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:17 pm GMT
Laura,

I am actually in full support of the concept of freedom of speech, provided this freedom does not infinge on the status of issues that sensible people have decided to give the honour of a peaceful resolution.

However, there are those who knowingly, and for some reasons peace loving people certainly won't comprehend, decide to make outrageous commentaries about these issues that would incite provocation from a section of a society that more than often result in violence.

I believe people should watch what they say or write, and if they cannot control themselves, then reasonable people should help them (by controlling them). The main problem is that these so called "reasonable people" often become over-zealous in their approaches, then you no longer can tell who the victims are.
Damian in Edinburgh   Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:13 pm GMT
Understood mjd* The word of sensible authority, as ever. Have a pleasant evening....I love Sunday evenings :-)

We're awfie daft for forgetting this is basically a Language forum...
Laura Braun   Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:50 pm GMT
I'm happy that you deleted what this idiot Pete have written.