Which language sounds the funniest?

Guest   Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:20 am GMT
Spanish is the sounds funniest of all languages. Sounds like they're selling marijuanas and cocaine to tjeir customers and it also sounds like a devil tempting someone to have a fight.
K. T.   Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:27 am GMT
This is where a lot of comedy comes in, but it isn't really the language to me, it's someone "doing the accent" or "overdoing" the accent when they speak the accent in English
Guest   Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:08 am GMT
Rose_machine_gun   Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:15 am GMT
I'm partial to fake Danish for a quick laugh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_iixmqSBQw

I honestly did giggle when I first began learning French. It's subsided as I've gotten used to it though.
Guest   Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:23 am GMT
Spanish words can be quite funny for English speakers the way you add 'o' to the end. You end up just making words up for a laugh.

Hola, donde está mi dogo? Puedes darme un poco de milko?
K. T.   Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:46 am GMT
It's a little rough, but that is a funny clip. Those are Norwegians though. I wonder what Danes think about it. I've seen this clip many times.
Guest   Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:23 am GMT
No languages can beat Cantonese.

And most of Southeast Asian languages such as Vietnamese, Thai and Tagalog
Slim   Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:10 pm GMT
Spanish sounds hilarious when a group of Hispanic women gather together and start talking at the speed of sound. Their speech is usually accompanied by excitement and a broad range of other emotions, depending on which topic is being discussed.
Guest   Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:42 pm GMT
I also find spanish funny when it's spoken by a chinese trying to learn the language like this girl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLcquYbznZk&feature=related
PARISIEN   Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:32 pm GMT
Hey dudes, maybe you're not yet aware of that but someone has to tell you that English often sounds VERY funny. Especially British English, which switches at the speed of sound from manly rough to extremely effeminate tones (American accents are generally more levelled, more syllable timed, smoother).

Other than that no langage can beat Vietnamese in that department.
J.C.   Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:05 pm GMT
How about Swedish? When I first started studying I couldn't stop laughing at the way words are pronounced. I guess tonal languages are funny to listen to.
Rambo   Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:17 pm GMT
Vietnamese for sure!
Loquillo   Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:26 am GMT
Tagalog sounds funny and totally crazy. They use some Malay, some English and some Spanish, and it seems like they have no rules as to how much of each languages they can use. I've seen Filipinos talking full sentences in English and then some of their Malay words and a little bit of Spanish-like words. Crazy substandard language that of the Philippines.
K. T.   Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:47 am GMT
Tagalog does sound like a mix of languages, but I've never thought it was "ha ha" funny. I have found some languages to be terribly funny, but I don't say which ones because I don't want to offend people for no reason. When I mean funny, I mean that I used to have a hard time listening without feeling the urge to laugh. I'm over it now, I hope.
Hepcat   Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:34 pm GMT
Italian sounds pretty funny when the speaker is expressing anger and so does German.