A question for Uriel

lida   Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:43 pm GMT
I can see that Uriel has very good answers for many questions. I would appricate if you could answer my question as well. Thank you in advance.So here is the question:
Apart from widower and bride groom (both have female root but are males), what is the third word that has the female root and is also related to church (maybe not)?
Uriel   Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:59 pm GMT
Uriel   Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:43 am GMT
I honestly have no idea. I've seen your question before, but I couldn't answer it.
Uriel   Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:14 am GMT
Maybe nunnery, but I don't think that's the word you're looking for.
lida   Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:01 pm GMT
Thank you for your effort. Maybe it is the right word. Anyway thanks again. And...
In my first message called bride groom female word there was an answer the Virgin Mary-fella. How about that?
Uriel   Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:07 am GMT
I think he was just making a funny.
lida   Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:48 am GMT
There was a question in "English test" so here is the answer:
Lida (Lydia) is from Serbia and Montenegro and is Slovak.
Uriel   Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:56 am GMT
Ah! Thanks.
JJM   Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:41 am GMT
"Lida (Lydia) is from Serbia and Montenegro and is Slovak."

How did a Slovak end up in the Balkans? Maybe Lida is Slovene.
lida   Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:49 pm GMT
No. I'm not Slovene, I' Slovak. Slovak people have lived in this part of Europe (today Serbia) for more than 250 years. This time next year our village will have had 200 years. And in Serbia (Vojvodina - [voyvodina]) if you did not know there are many other nationalities beside Serbs- Hungarian, Slovak, Rumenian, Turkish, Russian...) Akk have their villages, towns which are mixed up now. My village has 6.500 inhabitans mostly Skovak. We have our school in Slovak with about 600 pupils in it but also as a secon language we learn Serbian language. There are some high school in Slovak, even the Universities - one or two. If you would like to know more just flick me a question.
JJM   Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:10 pm GMT
Lida:

Thanks for your response!

I knew there were substantial minority groups in Serbia, particularly Vojvodina with its ethnic Hungarian population.

I knew Croatia had an ethnic Czech population centred on Daruvar in Eastern Slavonia.

But I was not aware there were Slovaks in the region too. Though given the extent of the former Austro-Hungarian Empire, I suppose it makes perfect sense!