French-Speaking Celebrities

Guest   Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:19 am GMT
<< Madonna don't speak French. She lost French-Canadian mother at five years old, and she lived only with Italo-American Father that spoke English and a Souther Italian dialect. She speaks English. >>

Madonna speaks French. When her mom was still living and she spoke French to them. As of her father, he never spoke Italian with them because it's not the standard one. So Madonna grew up with knowledge of speaking French.
Mac   Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:24 am GMT
<< Italian singers usually speak Spanish, not French: Eros Rammazzotti, Laura Paussini, Nek, Tizziano Ferro, etc.Some famous Italian artists like Raffaella Carra did half of their career in Spain. Spanish market is attractive for them, the French one isn't.

As for that list about non native francophone celebrities, that is relative. Almost everyone in America who is 30 years or more studied French in school but to know a few words does not make you "francophone".>>

Italians and Portuguese speaking people speak French instead of Spanish. Sorry but that's the truth. This only proves that French is more prestigious and preferred than Spanish.

Those celebrities speak French very well because as everybody knows France is the birthplace of movie films and only hispanic fanatics deny the lasting and wonderful contributions of the French speaking world in our society.
Mac   Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:28 am GMT
<< Italian singers usually speak Spanish, not French: Eros Rammazzotti, Laura Paussini, Nek, Tizziano Ferro, etc.Some famous Italian artists like Raffaella Carra did half of their career in Spain. Spanish market is attractive for them, the French one isn't.>>

These singers also sing in French not just Spanish.

As for that those singers who sang in Spanish. Almost everyone in Italy who speak many spanish words just because of its great similarities with Italian but that does not mean they are already "hispanophone".>>
Mac   Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:32 am GMT
<< Italian singers usually speak Spanish, not French: Eros Rammazzotti, Laura Paussini, Nek, Tizziano Ferro, etc.Some famous Italian artists like Raffaella Carra did half of their career in Spain. Spanish market is attractive for them, the French one isn't.>>

These singers also sing in French not just Spanish.

As for that those singers who sang in Spanish. Almost everyone in Italy who speak many spanish words just because of its great similarities with Italian but that does not mean they are already "hispanophone".>>
Guest   Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:39 am GMT
Did you know Larry King speaks Polari? He just does! Just accept my info! I just know he does! Stop asking for proof, it's as plain as day!
Guest   Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:48 am GMT
Bradd Pitt speaks Martian! He doesn't speak it on camera though or tell anyone about it so you'll have to take my word for it!
Pavarotti   Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:48 am GMT
"Some famous Italian artists like Raffaella Carra did half of their career in Spain."

Even if Spanish and Italian are sometimes quite different, translating song lyrics from the one to the other is amazingly simple. Rhymes are preserved, same syllables are stressed etc.
Therefore many Italian stars make a second career in Spain+Mexico+Argentina.
Guest   Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:20 pm GMT
There are a lot of celibrities that speak also Spanish. We don't need to write ALL people that speak our language, like French people and pro-French fans.

Spanish is spoken by 500 million people. We don't need a strong marketing everyday, like French. French has a lot of problems, but the most important is that French is not in the top ten languages, and it won't be in the top twenty in 2050, thanks to the demography of Asiatic languages.

Anyway, Spanish is spoken by Matt Damon, Emma Thompson, Francis Ford Coppola, Will Smith, Ben Affleck, Gwyneth Paltrow, Tommy Lee Jones, Martin Sheen, Rita Hayworth, Viggo Mortensen, Jean Reno (French actor), Sophia Loren (Italian actress), Anthonny Quinn, Bud Spencer, Terence Hill, Emilio Estevez, Charlie Sheen, Andy Garcia, Eva Mendes, Michelle Rodriguez, Ruben Blades, John Leguizamo, Cesar Romero, Jimmy Smits, Rachel Welch, Raul Julia, Edward James Olmos, Jennifer Lopez, Bejonce, John Bon Jovi, Ricky Martin, Enrique Iglesias, Nelly Furtado, Marc Anthony, Rita Moreno, Ricardo Montalban, Ricardo Chavira, Richie Valens, Zack Efron, Robert Rodriguez, Giselle Fernandez, Elizabeth Vargas, Gloria Estéfan, Raffaella Carra, Linda Ronstadt, Eros Ramazzotti, Laura Pausini, Saramago, Roberto Clemente, Lee Trevino, David Beckham, Nancy Lopez, Zinedine Zidane, Pelé, Figo, Ronaldo, Cristiano Ronaldo (the best Soccer player, Portuguese), Kobe Bryant (the best basketbally player), Robinho, Ronaldinho, Roberto Carlos, Xuxa, Daniella Zicarelli, A.J. Mc Lean, Howie Dorough (Back Street Boys), John Paul II, Benedict XVI, Gloria Macapagal Arroyo (president of the Phillipines), Hassan II (King of Morocco), Lula da Silva (President of Brazil), Nicolas Sarkozy (President of France), Durao Barroso (President of the European Union), Solana (1st European Union High Representative for the Common Foreign and Security Policy), John Kerry, Jeb Bush, George Bush (President of USA),...and Barack Obama!

http://comunarte.wordpress.com/2008/06/05/%C2%A1obama-habla-espanol-%C2%BFpura-retorica-o-una-nueva-politica/
Guest   Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:23 pm GMT
<<Those celebrities speak French very well because as everybody knows France is the birthplace of movie films and only hispanic fanatics deny the lasting and wonderful contributions of the French speaking world in our society.>>

Still I'm waiting that you defends French without insulting anybody, but I think you've run out without credible arguments, that's why you need an enemy. Accept this guy, france no longer generates culture, lives of the past, the grandeur..... :-)
nigaud   Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:15 am GMT
<<Madonna does not speak French. In her last documentary, she asked her daughter, Lola, to teach her to say "I'm going to tell you a secret" in French, but Madonna kept mispronouncing it over and over again.>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E5w38yLv3I
K. T.   Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:25 am GMT
Her "Bon, d'accord" is not bad, but she had trouble with "te" and tried to say "tu" instead imo.
K. T.   Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:29 am GMT
Hmm, she had trouble with "un" and "une" too, but oh well. Her daughter seems very nice and polite.
Guest   Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:24 am GMT
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E5w38yLv3I "

Looking this video I can say that Lourdes Maria Ciccone speaks French, Madonna Louise Veronica Ciccone not.
Guest   Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:00 am GMT
Aznar,Zapatero and Juna Carlos II speak French.

I even saw a picture of Pope Benedict II reading a French language magazine instead of German.

<< Still I'm waiting that you defends French without insulting anybody, but I think you've run out without credible arguments, that's why you need an enemy. Accept this guy, france no longer generates culture, lives of the past, the grandeur..... :-) >>

Accept the fact that France and the French speaking world still has grandeur and probably greater than Anglo-Saxon grandeur. For yoour information, there are more Francophiles than Anglophiles outside French and speaking worlds.

Accept also the fact that Spain and Spanish speaking world never had and will never have that grandeur. Spain and Spanish speaking world doesn't have any crdibility that France and the rest of Francophone world have.
Guest   Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:10 am GMT
Prince Charles, Princess Diana, and the rest of the Royal Family speaks French. Tony Blair also speak French. Annie Lennox too speak French.