Best way to forget a language?

Guest   Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:05 am GMT
If there's a language you know but hate, how do you go about forgetting that language? Are there any good techniques?
Guest   Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:29 am GMT
Don't speak it, don't think in it, don't live in a country where it's spoken, don't read in it, if someone speaks it next to you move away, abandon your family, marry someone who doesn't know it, bash your head to induce memory loss...
Guest   Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:15 am GMT
it's just interesting to know what's the language do u hate like this?
Guest   Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:30 am GMT
Le Français.
CPJ   Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:51 am GMT
Sometimes i have the problem for not being able to forget one language....

i think it's about whether i have strong mind or not.....

how can i have the strong mind?
Caspian   Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:13 pm GMT
Don't be stupid, knowing French is excellent! If you know it, why forget it? Why do you hate it? It's just a combination of sounds that enables two organisms to communicate ideas. You have an advantage. If you don't like it, fine - but it's still useful to know it.
Super Korean   Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:42 pm GMT
Did you mean your native language?
If you are an adult, I guess it's almost impossible to forget your native language.
However, I've seen several people who were adopted at the age of 9~12 but barely speak their first languages.
On a TV show, I saw a 31 year old Korean woman who was adopted at the age of 12 to a Belgian family. She understood Korean some degrees but she was not able to make a full correct sentence in Korean. Nor she could read the diary she had kept in Korean when she was 13.

Being adopted to a new family is one possible option, I guess.

If you meant a foreign language, never listen to it, speak it, read it and write it anymore. Don't even think about the language.
Guest   Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:19 pm GMT
one starts to hate language if he met some people speaking this language that made him pain. the same occured me... and i wanted to forget this foreign language i knew...but after i realized language is never to blame and it's never worth to be forgotten, language is always advantage... what other reasons can exist to be eager to forget a language?
Guest   Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:45 pm GMT
Hear good music without Lyrics and relax:
Tren Transoceánico A Bucaramanga : http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=y4znw5Vaa_A&feature=related
El Tiempo Vuela: http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=BONEYdvZ_VY&feature=related

Let me know if it works.
Guest   Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:07 pm GMT
have sex with a butchy woman
Xie   Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:55 am GMT
I must re-learn English, really. I think I must read antimoon articles more often.... (now that our respected admins have introduced a very nice layout).