US universities shall abolish all English instruction

Terek   Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:30 am GMT
I think IETS,TOEFEL etc shall be abolished because USA is a multilingual country and why shall university officials ask students to recquire English ability for entering that university?
Why not "Spanish as the foreign language test" or?
Besides, English as the language of the instruction shall be abandoned in all universities because all languages in USA are equal.
PC fanatic   Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:30 pm GMT
Ideally, all business and instruction in the US would be done in a true native language, like Navajo. English and Spanish are the languages of the evil illegal aliens from Europe.
Q.E.D.   Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:13 pm GMT
Brilliant idea.
Lets go back now to the subjunctive mode in English again or whatever difficulties you are having with.
JF   Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:52 pm GMT
This is really a non-issue and laughable.

Then I could argue that English should be abandoned as a language of instruction in all UK universities since English is not an official language. Same thing with Sweden and Australia. After all, like you've said, all languages should be equal in these countries.
Guest   Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:00 pm GMT
<<Lets go back now to the subjunctive mode in English again or whatever difficulties you are having with. >>

If you're having troubles with subjunctive, don't worry about it -- it's not important in English.
guest   Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:08 pm GMT
<<If you're having troubles with subjunctive, don't worry about it -- it's not important in English. >>

I would that were not so...
K. T.   Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:04 am GMT
Sometimes I have been surprised by the mistakes foreign students make in English. I don't think native speakers would be allowed into the university if they wrote like some non-natives I've seen (even graduate students), why is the bar so low...