Beauty in language

Guest   Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:50 am GMT
Italian is so romantic, especially Sicialian and Napolitan dialects
PARISIEN   Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:04 am GMT
<< I perceive no beauty in Swedish. To me, it sounds quite ridiculous/outrageous and awkward and it reminds me of a tonal language like Chinese. >>

-- You must be Danish...
Luca   Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:09 pm GMT
Hahahahaha!

But just for my curiosity where are you from Parisien? And how many languages do you know? I saw you posting about Swedish, Dutch, French...
And you K.T.?
Robb   Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:07 pm GMT
<<-- You must be Danish...>>

Nope. Americano. :P
PARISIEN   Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:07 pm GMT
Many languages —especially Italian, but also German and Swedish, as well as upper class English— sound like hyper rhetoric self-parody, but... I love that more and more. It's definitely a plus for expressiveness.

<< But just for my curiosity where are you from Parisien? >>
-- Beh, da Parigi... Di origini 100% francesi.
Ratko   Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:26 pm GMT
Sarsnam? Lachesno.
Iavné jas takhás maró.

The most beautiful language I know is bulgarian rom.
Luca   Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:20 pm GMT
Oh I'm sorry Parisien, in the beginning I thought you were from Bruxelles because you spoke both about French and Dutch, I hope it's not an offense for a Parisian! Bruxelles is a cool city too!

But coming back to a sentence of K.T.
<<I usually learn a language because someone asks me to learn their language or because I need to learn the language.>>

But I hope you also have a bit of interest in the language you're going to learn, because in the end it's yourself that you're building through that, it's not very nice if someone chooses for you life.
kumz   Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:22 pm GMT
<<Italian is so romantic, especially Sicialian and Napolitan dialects>>
Il dialetto napoletano sarebbe romantico? ROTFL
K. T.   Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:40 am GMT
Luca,

I'd also like to know about Parisien's languages. I always think it's interesting to see what languages people choose (or have to learn), but I know some people are too modest or shy to say what languages they know and or love all at once.

I'm not sure how many languages I know. I can get into and out of trouble in a few languages. I need to be officially tested in some of them, so I can REALLY say that yes, I am certified in language X.

I'm going to be busy with some things for awhile, but I wish you success in your language endeavours.
Guest   Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:38 am GMT
What kindness! What great brotherhood! Thank you for existing and warming my heart.