Which language sounds more beautiful ? Thai or Vietnamese ?

Guest   Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:36 am GMT
I'm a northern Chinese, native Mandarin speaker, not Cantonese, and I would like to choose one between Thai & Vietnamese, as you said above, it seemed that you recommended we should learn Vietnamese, instead of Thai. And you just analyzed how useful it is to learn Vietnamese mainly due to the development of Vietnam, and would you kindly compare Thai with Vietnamese based on language itself, and what does either of them sounds to your ears, yes, it's difficult for you to choose between them, because you're half Vietnamese & half Thai, but just have a try to comment on them.
Guest   Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:50 am GMT
Meesh, are you there? Looking forward to your reply. Thanks!
Guest   Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:41 am GMT
Vietnamese suck...
Guest   Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:16 am GMT
<<Vietnamese suck... >>

You got that right. :)
Caspian   Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:28 am GMT
I must say that I prefer the sound of Thai - I like the tones - but I'm not knowledgeable in either language, so I can't judge clearly.
DD   Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:33 pm GMT
Vietnamese is easier to learn, they have the latin writing system and a few borrowed French/ English words so that's not bad, and it's definitely more expressive and richer (puns, parrallel words etc..). From my experience Thai is difficult to speak, too many tones!! To the person who made discriminatory remarks about the Vietnamese not even having a writing system they developed that's bollocks. The Vietnamese just like the Japanese and Koreans had their own writing system derived from the Chinese...
DD   Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:37 pm GMT
Furthermore, YOU CAN"T COMPARE how beautiful the VIETNAMESE or THAI language sounds...two very different languages. Vietnamese is similar to Cantonese and Thai is more similar to Khmer.
Guest   Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:05 pm GMT
neither! they are both ugly!!
passing by   Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:01 am GMT
Korean writing system was not derived from the Chinese.
supielicious   Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:37 pm GMT
this is not ugly,shut up bitch
Mandarino   Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:41 am GMT
I think Thai sounds better than Vietnamese......