that i suffered from short-sightedness
basicaly my eyes, were not as capable
as alot of other people's eyes.
my sight wasn't as good as many others,
but did this mean my sights for the future
wasn't as good as others ?
did the special eyeware seperate me from my harsh reality
or my dreams
my sight was impaired, so where my dreams impaired too?

what your veiws ??
any spelling or other mistakes ?
martin!   Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:31 am GMT
? ?
Laura Braun   Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:08 am GMT
My contest...
I start with a poem...
I would like if someone continue with it . It will e like an endless poem. But please don't say rubbish.

There's a boy who'd lost his sight,
one day he'd lost the light,
he couldn't recognize days from night.
Guest   Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:37 am GMT
<<There's a boy who'd lost his sight,
he couldn't recognize days from night. >>

But then he saw the Heavenly Father,
who poured upon him blessed water,
Joy and glee filled his heart,
for it was his chance for a great new start.
martin!   Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:44 pm GMT
<<There's a boy who'd lost his sight,

for it was his chance for a great new start. >>

The boy accepted this with open arms
as it had gave him a new sense of charm,
all he had delt with in the past was harm,
he went back to his blessed farm.
Guest   Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:54 pm GMT
{{<<There's a boy who'd lost his sight,

he went back to his blessed farm. }}

The next morning he arose
And wiped a bugger from his nose
And grabbed his boots and took his hose
He had work to do, to start a new
Martin!   Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:31 pm GMT
Guest Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:54 pm GMT
{{<<There's a boy who'd lost his sight,

he went back to his blessed farm.

The next morning he arose
And wiped a bugger from his nose
And grabbed his boots and took his hose
He had work to do, to start a new>>

For he had paid his price,
and ate the farm's rice ,
tommorow he would search for some advice.
so he wouldn't have to ask twice.
Uriel   Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:37 am GMT
<<my sights for the future

At an early age i was informed
that i suffered from short-sightedness
basicaly my eyes, were not as capable
as alot of other people's eyes.
my sight wasn't as good as many others,
wasn't as good as others ?
did the special eyeware seperate me from my harsh reality
or my dreams
my sight was impaired, so where my dreams impaired too?

what your veiws ??
any spelling or other mistakes ? >>

Just a few:

My Sights for the Future

At an early age I was informed
that I suffered from short-sightedness
BASICALLY my eyes (NO COMMA) were not as capable
as A LOT of other people's eyes.
my sight wasn't as good as many others' (YOU NEED AN APOSTROPHE TO INDICATE POSSESSIVENESS),
WEREN'T as good as others' (AGAIN, APOSTROPHE) ?
did the special EYEWEAR SEPARATE me from my harsh reality
or my dreams
my sight was impaired, so WERE my dreams impaired too?

what your VIEWS ??
any spelling or other mistakes ?
martin!   Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:01 pm GMT
Test   Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:29 pm GMT
"[url=http://www.antimoon.com/forum/t11458.htm]post[/url]
Damian in Edinburgh   Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:30 pm GMT
Poem: "Night Mail" by W H Auden

This is one of my favourite poems - it is the work of W H Auden who wrote it in the 1930s, and it featured in a film made in 1936 and produced by the British GPO (General Post Offic) and titled "Night Mail".

It followed a real life crew aboard a mail train travelling from Euston train station in London to Glasgow, here in Scotland, carrying mail not only from London itself but also from all the pick-up points along the entire route of 658km (409 miles).

The mail was literally scooped out of nets held by posts alongside the rail track as the train sped by and then swiftly swept directly into the carriage containing the sorting office where postal officials busily emptied the mailbags and then sorted it into a whole array of compartments labelled with locations right across Scotland for onward distribution by the Post Office the next morning.

Remember this was in 1936 and the film is in black and white. Postal systems are now entirely different, needless to say. It's interesting to hear the accents of the (mostly) young guys sorting the mail on the train - a mixture of old type, now largely defunct, Cockney and surprisingly "posh" RP in some of them - as they were all Londoners or at least London based, as the empty train would return south the following day to start the whole thing all over again the following night after all the guys had had some kip during the day in Glasgow....sleep, that is.

This Auden poem is recited by the narrator as we see a shot of the train steaming its way through the dark night as it approaches the English/Scottish border just north of Carlisle on its northward journey towards Glasgow carrying its precious cargo of mail

W H Auden is also famous for the "Stop all the Clocks" poem, quoted by my fellow Scot John Hannah in the funeral scene in the much more recent film "Four Weddings and a Funeral".

At one time W H Auden was a schoolmaster at a boys' private school in Herefordshire, England, where he married in Ledbury in 1935 in spite of his sexual proclivities, as referred to by Hannah just before he recited that extract from SATC.

http://www.sovereignty.org.uk/siteinfo/newsround/auden.html
Damian in Edinburgh   Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:10 pm GMT
This post isn't directly connected with any particular poem or even to any poet in the strict sense of the word but it is connected with one of England's most well known novelists who is now lying at peace in Poets' Corner in London's Westminster Abbey - his remains (minus his heart) have lain there since 1928 when he died, of course. Following his death at the age 87 his heart was surgically removed, and it now lies alongside his two wives in the churchyard of St Michael's Church, in the village of Stinsford, in the heart of the beautiful countryside of his beloved Dorset, in the area of south west England called Wessex (the name of a former Kingdom of early England, ruled over by King Alfred the Great in the mid 9th century - he was the bloke who burnt the cakes, remember.(

BBC TV is just about to show the latest production of Hardy's "Tess of the d'Urbervilles", with one of the youngest casts of newly graduated actors and actresses ever, so it should be really worth watching.

I have really enjoyed reading some of Hardy's novels, and as I haven't read Tess but roughly know the gist of the whole story it should be interesting to see it performed by this largely up and coming cast of young British actors, none of whom are known to the public at large.

Dorset was the setting of many of his novels as that was his home area - still a largely rural county with one of the most spectacular coastlines in England, from Chesil Beach, Golden Cap (the highest cliff on the south coast of England), Durdle Door, Lulworth Cove, Old Harry Rocks, Studland, Portland Bill, Poole Harbour and all the way along to the big seaside town of Bournemouth, which was a really small town in Hardy's day, but now a large and very lively seaside resort.

"Far From The Madding Crowd" really portrays the rural idyll Dorset was back in the 1860s, when Hardy was in his 20s.

The BBC has recently shown a TV documentary of Hardy's life, in its entirety, and it was really beautifully done. One section I found particularly lovely was when he first met up with his first wife, Emma, when he was on a visit to Cornwall, where she lived. He was captivated by her, not only for her graceful looks but also for her "sweet demeanour" as he called it. There was this lovely scene where they were frolicking together along the clifftops near her home, with the pounding surf crashing on the rocks way below them. The backgound music to this scene was Elgar's "Salut d'Amour", which I thought was really appropriate to the moment in time.

It was sad that as the years passed following their marriage their relationship coole somewhat, and in 1912 Emma ded. Very soon afterwards Hardy married his secretary! Not all that unusual a situation!

Hardy's former home at Higher Bockhampton, in Dorset, is open to the general public, and while I was at uni I would like to have gone with my peers down there on a visit, even though it is a fair distance from Leeds, where I was. Instead we went down to Jane Austen's former home at Chawton, in Hampshire - still a long way from Leeds but as we stayed overnight in Winchester (where Jane died in 1817) I had to make do with that instead. Most of our group from uni was female anyway so my chances of going to Dorset instead were pretty remote from the start.

http://www.last.fm/music/Sir+Edward+Elgar/_/Salut+d'amour
Damian in Edinburgh   Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:12 pm GMT
I was of course talking about Thomas Hardy! I must be stupit!! (That's the Scottish word for it!)
Damian in Edinburgh   Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:16 pm GMT
And here's the correct link to Salut d'Amour! Now I know I AM stupit!

http://www.last.fm/music/Sir+Edward+Elgar/_/Salut+d'amour