Site where Swedish 'en' and 'ett' nouns listed separately?

Guest111   Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:58 am GMT
Hi! I need your help to say me any links where Swedish 'en' and 'ett' nouns are listed separately. Just this way i don't mix them up, when they are systematized in this way. I looked for such list in many Swedish where one can learn Swedish but i failed to find one with nouns listed like this. Maybe anybody knows such a link? please help me!

thank you for reading my message
Guest   Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:59 pm GMT
Do the list by your own, you will learn much!
Luca   Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:28 pm GMT
Yes it's true Guest111, you can't really force your brain to memorize those words from a list. I did it too and it's really better because you learn step-by-step as soon as you discover a new word, you take a piece of paper, separate it into two part en-ord/ett-ord, and it's done!
PARISIEN   Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:15 pm GMT
You do not need such a list.
Learn each word WITH its definite article, as if it were part of the it.
For instance, memorize "bilen, kvinnan, tidningen, hemmet, tåget, landet etc. " instead of "bil, kvinna, tidning, hem, tåg, land".

(Remember that Swedish nouns are more often used with their definite article than without it.)

As you can see on a map of Stockholm:
- Drottninggatan = "THE Queen Street"
- Vasastaden = "THE Wasa City"
- Västerbron = "THE Western Bridge"
- Universitetet = "THE University"
- Stadshuset = "THE Town Hall"
- Östersjön = "THE Baltic Sea"
- Skansen = "THE Citadel"
Etc.

Soon you will realize that intuitively guessing the gender of nouns is the easiest part of Swedish. Really!
K. T.   Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:18 pm GMT
That's actually a good tip for many languages. It works for Spanish, Romanian, French, German, etc.
PARISIEN   Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:03 pm GMT
A good knowledge of German is a great introduction to Scandinavian languages, it helps a lot, keep the roots in mind BUT forget the German genders, they can be VERY misleading!

Very many Ger. masc. nouns are NEUTER in Swedish:
- der Zug ? tåget
- der Wein ? vinet
- der Berg ? berget
- der Begriff ? begreppet
etc.

More rarely, Ger. neuter nouns are not in Swedish (e.g. das Stern ? stjärnan)
Guest111   Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:32 am GMT
Thank you all for your advices I will follow it and feel at the moment much more sure i can do that :)) but in case you have more ideas you are always welcome!
Guest   Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:22 am GMT
<<More rarely, Ger. neuter nouns are not in Swedish (e.g. das Stern ? stjärnan) >>

Anmerkung: der Stern