Trafic jam

Laura Braun   Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:49 pm GMT
Have ever been stucked in traffic jam for more that 1,30 hours. I was traveling 20 km for almost 2 hours. If that's not bad luck you say what is it. I finished the gas in the middle of my trip. I want if you can share your experience with traffic all around the world. Let us discovered how it helps in the situation . How react different people on different circumstances.
Damian in Edinburgh   Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:28 pm GMT
Maybe you ought to try the infamous M25 - that huge orbital nightmare encircling the whole of Greater London. Or the M6 for practically its entire length. Or the City of Edinburgh By-Pass mornings and evenings. People are generally resigned to hold up and jams - they are a way of life. For me personally I just tune into whatever radio station or CD that takes my fancy at the minute and tap along on the driving wheel with my fingers and hope for the best as I shunt along bit by bit and think sexy thoughts.
Uriel   Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:24 am GMT
My dad used to call the streets of metropolitan Japan the world's largest parking lot. He took along a book whenver we went on trips -- and he was driving! I remember waiting through 3 or 4 light changes to make a right turn (they drive on the left, so that's against traffic), and taking 3 hours to drive less than 20 miles. Bicyclists used to pass cars regularly!

That's why now I love the wide open roads of New Mexico, where you can catch yourself pushing 100 mph if you're not paying attention, parking is never an issue (except in Santa Fe), and there's just enough traffic to feel like you won't have to spend five days gnawing off your own hand for sustenance if you go off the side of the road in the dark -- someone will drive by and see your plight!
Clark   Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:59 am GMT
Also bottle neck.
Damian in Edinburgh   Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:14 am GMT
New Mexico sounds like a driver' paradise....I suppose you will tell us now that you don't have Little Hitlers wearing flat caps with yellow bands masquerading as Traffic Wardens and carrying little computers and looking like nothing pleases them more in this world than to find a car has gone over time or is parked in a "no go" zone.

Is it easy to get one of your famous green cards in New Mexico? Are there any vacancies over there for fully qualified semi freelance journalists with reasonably intelligible Scottish accents who are quite willing to drive on the wrong side of the road and park on the pavement when needs must?