Mimic your tongue language with English language !

Abdullah   Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:17 am GMT
Hi all,

I'm a non-native speaker and my tongue language is Arabic. The Arabic language has more sophisticated terms and conditions in its grammar than the English language and for this reason I have a problem with that. However, the problem still in the "mimic" the English language by my own.
When I listen to any media I am trying to compare what I listen to with my own language (Arabic) and this problem let me misunderstand some important points in the debate.

Finally,
1- How can I solve this problem ?
2- What are you doing when you are facing some unknown vocabulary during any speech (TV, Radio, Interview, Lecture.. etc) which may be let you not understand all/some of speaking? (Don't tell me to using dictionary during live debates because I will not have the time to that -- lo0ol)
3- How to solve the problem of mimic the grammar during read, write, listen and speak ?

Appreciate your help,

Abdullah Almehmadi
amira   Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:29 pm GMT
i can't understand the listening
Guest   Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:44 pm GMT
If you hear that the raborzack is acratalenting the marashbalawo, you might not know what the heck a raborzack is, but you do understand that a marashbalawo is being acratalented by it. So as long as you still know where is the subject, verb and object of the sentence, it's still possible to keep track of what is being said until, perhaps, you hear some cue about the meaning of the unknown word at some point. The key is to not let the fact that you don't know a word bother you. Maybe you can note those unknown words somewhere and try to find them in the dictionary when you're done listening, as well. This might take several try though, as their spelling might not always be easy to guess.