This is a true polyglot

Caspian   Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:59 pm GMT
Super Korean   Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:49 am GMT
Man, that's spooky!
Rui   Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:55 am GMT
His Portuguese is quite ok. But your are able to realize it's not native. I would say his accent to be like 80%-85% which is still great.
yo   Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:42 pm GMT
he looks retarded
guest   Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:33 pm GMT
His German, especially the pronounciation is perfect. Wow!
Invité d'honneur   Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:10 pm GMT
His French is perfect. 100% native-like.
Guest   Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:42 pm GMT
Macedonian is very good, Serbian not so much. But he learned Serbian from TV so it's great. He has an extraordinary ear for languages, if I may say so.
JPT   Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:35 pm GMT
his Czech is good, but his native accent comes through very strong so it just sounds a little weird; still he's good pronounciation.
jame   Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:17 pm GMT
wow. is he a hybrid?
REynAlDo   Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:22 pm GMT
He must be a hybrid no question
Q.E.D.   Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:12 pm GMT
Quite impressive. His Romanian grammar is seriously flawed. His Romanian pronunciation carries the results of 50 years of russification efforts made by Soviets to wipe out the Romanian culture in Moldavian Republic - but is really impressive.
I hope is happy with his ready mail Macedonian wife - he doesn't look the type that got laid very often.

Respect.

Q.E.D.
TheCriticalEye   Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:32 pm GMT
Nothing special. You can tell he only speaks 3 or 4 of them really well and has only intermediate to basic knowledge in the others. Still a great achievement, without a doubt, but he's no different to the rest of the horde who claims to speak 7+ languages but in reality only speaks half that number properly.
guest   Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:56 am GMT
There's no doubt he has an ear for languages but it isn't possible to assess his level just by listening a bunch of sentences about general stuff like "I studied at..." or "I worked at..."
He shows us that travelling to the countries where the languages are spoken is a big help, too. However, he took that to the next level which is actually STUDYING the languages!!
Very inspiring video!!
p.s Can anyone tell if he's separating the slavic languages he speaks? Speaking west and south slavic is an interesting thing.
Krzysztof   Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:31 pm GMT
I'm from Poland and unfortunately he didn't speak any Polsih (probably because he never spent two or three months with a Polish family where he could learn Polish from books or subtitles LOL)
I noticed, however, he didn't feel comfortable when speaking Russian or Czech. I can second what has been said about his French. I don't speak scandinavian languages or Dutch, but his pronunciation looked quite convincing.
Anyway, I think he didn't go far beyond basic knowledge in case of most languages he presented. Great achievement, anyway.
IwonderwhereK.T.is?   Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:31 pm GMT
He is definitely separating the Slavic languages.
But he doesn't really speak them, with a probable exception of Macedonian (his wife is Macedonian, he says), he has just picked up some basics on his way.
Anyway, great ear.