Does this Reflect Feminism?

Sarah   Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:13 pm GMT
Hello All,

I'd like you to help me to indicate the literary feature in this statement, by Margret Drabble. My answer is that it indicates feminism. Is this right?

'The days are over, thank God, when a woman justifies her existence by marriage'
choose a more original na   Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:46 pm GMT
Yup, marriage is no longer necessary for a woman to give a man a nice time.
Laura Braun   Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:43 pm GMT
choose a more... that's absolutely rubbish. I stand on the position that during the time of 1950 or ... somewhere there the only purpose of girls are to get a good husband. Some of them were getting educated and then again their only purpose were to get married. I have seen that in movie Mona Lisa's smile. Nowadays there is a feminism which demonstrated most of women is that they can live absolutely independently without company of a man. What I think is that this is absolutely rubbish. The main purpose of a woman is to get educated, then to get married and then to get children. That is what is why she is on this Earth. She is not to give a man nice time, because she can receive the equally nice time from a man, but most of all she can sacrifice her own time to the things which are much more valuable. She can be a valuable member of society, useful for her self and for her family and most of all equally important in society as every single man. So if you asked me the days are' over , thank God... Yes , she justifies her self by marriage, because marriage is something which you Sarah can never understand. Marriage means that you will devote your self, you will sacrifice your self to someone else, which is wonderful. Marriage means that you are going to get old with someone , to have children, to look how they grow up, but most of all marriage means that you will have a friend for a life time. To get married is not only to read what is said, it's to do it and to be beautiful in any moment of your life. See when I see someone with statement like yours I just think that you just don't know nothing about marriage that's the reason that you write such lousy sentences.