How do you pronounce ''car''?

Pete   Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:19 am GMT
Fine, thanks everyone. I didn't know they spoke like that in Jamaica.

<<Please, go to Jamaica and say this:

"It seems that some people here, have serious congenite language problems. Maybe, some of them should go to a terapist."

Let's see how you make out.>>

Thanks very much, I will then. I have done that in Bolivia and Chile, about Spanish. And I have done so in northern-Italy where they make wrong use of a tense called "remote-past" (passato remoto) which is much like English Present Perfect. If I am ever to Jamaica I will criticise them as well.
Pete   Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:21 am GMT
it says: If I am ever to Jamaica

I think it should be: If I ever am to Jamaica.
Guest   Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:40 am GMT
I pronounce it "Pete is a fuckhead".
Pete   Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:56 am GMT
LOL

<<I pronounce it "Pete is a fuckhead".>>

That's what an illiterate says when they have nothing intelligent to say. And when the hell do they have something intelligent to say?? I'm curious.
Albert   Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:11 am GMT
I pronounce it /kAr/. That's the only correct way to say it. Saying it any other way sounds stupid.
Robert   Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:16 am GMT
/kAr/ is a stupid way of saying it.
Robert   Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:22 am GMT
That was a faker above. I did not write that! If someone pronounces it /kAr/, that's fine.
Pete   Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:33 am GMT
<<I pronounce it /kAr/. That's the only correct way to say it. Saying it any other way sounds stupid.>>

If that were true, hence, you, Albert, condemn millions of people from UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, America and other countries. You regard them all as stupids?

that was a stupid thing to say, I reckon.
Travis   Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:39 am GMT
>><<I pronounce it /kAr/. That's the only correct way to say it. Saying it any other way sounds stupid.>>

If that were true, hence, you, Albert, condemn millions of people from UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, America and other countries. You regard them all as stupids?

that was a stupid thing to say, I reckon.<<

I agree here with the overall principle of your post above, but you should remember to apply this same principle to your own posts.
Albert   Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:39 am GMT
<<If that were true, hence, you, Albert, condemn millions of people from UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, America and other countries. You regard them all as stupids?

that was a stupid thing to say, I reckon.>>

I myself am from Scotland and I always pronounce ''car'' as /kAr/, never anything silly, such as /kja:r/.

By the way, there's no such word as ''stupids''. ''stupid'' is an adjective.
Tiffany   Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:44 am GMT
Sei andato in Italia e hai detto che hanno usato passato remoto in modo incorretto? Hahahahahaha. Puoi gridare quanto ti pare. Non fa niente.
Travis   Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:47 am GMT
>>I myself am from Scotland and I always pronounce ''car'' as /kAr/, never anything silly, such as /kja:r/.<<

Can you first tell the people to your south to stop vocalizing what you have as /r/, if you are to hold the position that the way you pronounce "car" is the only "correct" way to pronounce it?
Pete   Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:48 am GMT
<<I agree here with the overall principle of your post above, but you should remember to apply this same principle to your own posts.>>

Dear Travis, speech is one thing. Grammar is something totally different, but thanks for the advice anyway.

<<By the way, there's no such word as ''stupids''. ''stupid'' is an adjective.>>

Oh, that's a very common mistake of mine, wrong usage of certain adjectives mistaking them for nouns, but... perhaps you, my friend, should go and check for yourself that stupid IS a noun, maybe I used it in the wrong way, but just click this: http://www.freesearch.co.uk/dictionary/stupid and make sure.
Norbert   Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:51 am GMT
<<I pronounce it /kAr/. That's the only correct way to say it. Saying it any other way sounds stupid.>>

That's a stupid thing to say.
Robert   Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:52 am GMT
>>That's a stupid thing to say.<<

How he says "car" and/or what he said?