In which country, ppl tend to speak their native language to

Furious   Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:17 pm GMT
I hate people who visit Spain and addresss everyone in English. If they don't speak Spanish they'd better learn it before coming to here.
siloš   Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:53 pm GMT
Zači povtrite odiáçov namnog stol razo? Čut na molval vis gromko, polno složet s umo, čo on moge vyslyščti. I çe jaki jasno. Na znatijo, čo otvečti, çe jaki ne klejetsi moltráš, v dobav, čo za moltráš çe, kol vyt mani to ne ponimajte?
12345   Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:10 am GMT
@Furious

Would you learn Dutch before coming to the Netherlands?

I have thought the same thing like you in the past. But hey, that would make it very difficult for everyone to visit an other country and English is the global language.
yan   Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:09 am GMT
<<Zači povtrite odiáçov namnog stol razo? Čut na molval vis gromko, polno složet s umo, čo on moge vyslyščti. I çe jaki jasno. Na znatijo, čo otvečti, çe jaki ne klejetsi moltráš, v dobav, čo za moltráš çe, kol vyt mani to ne ponimajte? >>

Šluš, kuvčag, na znatijo za, čo setriel vyt molvač idjótem. Vate jak ž stol jasno, čo çe naprost eščti i na movat, çe vyt naprost zamyšlval, jak i grandiožen duraç vyt!
boz   Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:52 pm GMT
<< @Furious

Would you learn Dutch before coming to the Netherlands? >>

Of course, why not ? If not the entire language at least some useful phrases. Every tourist guide have them, if you can't even be bothered to read them why should the locals be bothered to answer back ?

Normal people regard learning some phrases in another language as part of the experience of travelling abroad. If you don't want to do that, fine, but expect to be treated accordingly.

<<English is the global language.>>

Many locals don't speak English let alone half-decent English. If you don't make the effort, why would they ?