need help with the sentences

hua   Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:48 am GMT
Hi, say there are a group of children playing before a tree, and I write some sentences about what they do.

Some of them dance and sing; some climb up the tree to see further; some takse photos while others eat.

I mean to say their activities include dancing, singing, climbing, photo-taking and eating. Have I clearly described so above? I lack in confidence in using 'the'. Should I actually use 'the others' than 'others' in the last sentence? Thank you for your time in advance.
Another Guest   Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:03 am GMT
If you say "others", that means "some of the others". If you say "the others", that means "all of the others".
hua   Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:39 pm GMT
Thanks.

I need help on another sentence. I'm trying to describe a girl who likes pretending to be nice and positions herself as a straightforward person hating 'fake' people. Does this sentence serve the purpose?

She's fake while calling others the same thing.
svealander   Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:10 pm GMT
<<She's fake while calling others the same thing.>>

If you're saying that, or using it informally that's fine - as your body language and other things will give cues as to what you mean.

But if you want to write this in, say, an essay then

'She acts fake, while condemning others for doing the same' is a fuller way of saying it.