Most opportunity-ridden non-"first/west world" lan

Slobodan Milosevic   Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:54 am GMT
Which language offers the most opportunities for foreigners of the languages which are not spoken in "first world" or "free world" or "western world". The loose definition is intended to include countries which may be developed, but no necessarily in a western sense, or which are politically or culturally quite different from Western countries. For example, I would include South Korea even though it is highly developed, as culturally it is not Western.

By opportunities, I mean that a Westerner/Western company can go in and make make a lot of money. I was thinking:

India - free society, rapid growth. However, you probably will use English so no language is necessary to learn, however if you knew Hindi that could be advantageous to get an edge.

China - rapid growth, superpower in the making, however it seems there might be a lot of restrictions on activities due to politics, but I'm not sure. So Mandarin is a strong contender.

Russian - lucrative sectors, though there might be some political interference factors to consider, not sure...

Latin America - depending on the country, there seems to be some room to manoeuvre, although there are some countries cracking down on foreign companies...

Feel free to add your thoughts,
wannabe Kayaderosserasian   Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:13 am GMT
Haiti?
Somalia?
Zimbabwe?
North Korea?
Afghanistan?
Rwanda?