Accent analysis

Another Guest   Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:31 am GMT
Some other odd pronunciations:

"Duse" instead of "Duke"
"huwy" instead of "hurry".
"fus" instead of "foot".
Cassis   Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:36 pm GMT
So, will you tell us your origin now? Please? :)
Antar   Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:17 pm GMT
So, thanks for all the comments!

Well, my origin. Actually, Asian and Swedish are both correct, in some sense, I'm natively Chinese but moved to Sweden when I was 3 years old, and grew up there. Speak both Chinese and Swedish fluently. At the moment, I've lived in England for almost a year now

So, I actually thought my accent was going to be much more swedish than asian, after all, I learnt English in Sweden, some of it from my parents (who learnt their English in China, obviously), but still, you know, much more of it learnt in school. But the replies seem to indicate that there is an asianness to my accent. Interesting. Or, it's just because you people tend to throw Asian as a guess to all these kinds of threads, who knows? ;)

Oh, and I honestly didn't expect that there be so many words blatantly obviously mispronounced. I guess I need to get my friends to actually correct me when I pronounce something so obviously wrong. Or just come here more often.

But yeah, thanks for all the comments! Helped me learn a bit about how my speech is perceive. Always useful. Cheers!
Cassis   Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:05 pm GMT
Interesting! Thanks for sharing your story.
Don't forget that your pronunciation was very good overall.

P.S. I'm Swedish too! ;)