Motivation and Learning English

Tommyhawk:   Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:52 pm GMT
I lack motivation which is a big problem for me. I wonder how to sustain it on a regular basis. I have resources like movies, audiobooks and everything yet I dont like to use them and they are getting the dust.

I feel lazy. I don't drive enjoyment anymore from listening to podcasts or watching movies so it is suggesting that I need to do something more in order to sustain my motivation.

Do I need to organize my learning? Do I need to write down things on a piece of paper? I am an impulsive learner no proper schedule for when it come to learning.

Any suggestions.
Pepacton bound   Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:01 pm GMT
If you're no longer interested in learning English, try something else. Perhaps hiking, fishing, skiing, boating, hunting, biking, astrophotograhpy, etc.
Johnny   Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:19 pm GMT
You are not watching movies or reading anything in your native language though, are you? If you don't feel like doing that, just don't do it. Why learn English or practice it if you don't need it? If you like English but can't find a way to practice it... well, you don't really like it, and no one can help you. Your English seems good though... what exactly do you need to improve? Listening skills?
TommyHawk:   Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:19 pm GMT
I need to improve my speaking skills. I need fluency. My listening skill is pretty good. They say that in order to speak good you need to listen a lot.
I am trying my best but my accent is stilll bad. What's the point of learning a language If I repeat myself a lot? Yup, it is very demotivating.
Another Guest   Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:38 am GMT
<I don't drive enjoyment anymore from listening to podcasts or watching movies so it is suggesting that I need to do something more in order to sustain my motivation. >
By the way, it's "derive", not "drive".
TommyHawk:   Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:17 am GMT
It was a typo. Thanks for your input, though!