Is Romanian the Most Difficult Romance Language?

toteu   Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:00 pm GMT
I have heard that most "slavic borrowings" into romanian can very well be vicevesa and a lot of them are actually from deeper roots for both romanian and slavic languages.
Also from my search I have found a lot of words common to serbian and bulgarian and romanian even ucrainian but not to russian and other northern slavic languages which reflects romanian influence into these neighboring countries and not the other way around.
han   Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:34 pm GMT
So Slavic influences make Romanian harder?
Spanish and Portuguese also have Arabic influences and whatnot.
I'm not sure how important are those influences to define a language harder to learn or not.
Guest   Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:16 pm GMT
Slavic influence changed Romanian phonology making it harder.
szep   Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:10 am GMT
European Portuguese phonology is much harder than the Romanian one
Guest   Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:17 pm GMT
Also Romanian has odd constructions for a Romance language . For example definite articles are after nouns.
s0s   Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:27 pm GMT
Also Romanian has odd constructions for a Romance language . For example definite articles are after nouns.

The Romanian Subjunctive mood is very simplified compared to other romance languages...
Guest   Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:25 pm GMT
That simplification is due to Slavic influence.
Q.E.D.   Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:12 pm GMT
The last posts had been discussed to death in other discussion threads over years - there is nothing new in here.

For "adi"
<<
Q.E.D,Baum era ironic! A spus ca daca sti ungureste,germana,rusa si italiana poti sa spui ca sti sa vorbesti romaneste... >>
Corect, dar chiar nu poti scrii romaneste ca lumea?
toteu   Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:23 pm GMT
It is funny how some people who claim to know romanian don't take into consideration those words which have dacian origin. Their morfology which is different that that of latin. Those latin words form romanian were transformed phonetically by the geto-dacian speaking people of nowadays Romania. The coarseness or romanian laguage si due to that fact not the slavic influence. Compare words yourselves and find out if its true or not.
Costas Mavras   Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:07 am GMT
Romanian language is horrible, no offense. Please kill it. Please, think about all those innocent children you will save.
daniel   Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:10 pm GMT
Kill yourself, end the pain...