to mjd, jim and all old antimooners...

Damian in Edinburgh   Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:53 am GMT
***Perhaps it is some sort of protest against encroachment of English into French***

There is no "perhaps" about it - it's the absolute truth. With all due respects to our friend Greg there really is a generally igrained resentment in France over the supremacy of English not only here in Europe now but also in the world at large. At one time French reigned supreme in Europe, and even in England at one time among the higher echelons of English society, especially in the English Royal Court where French was the official Language.

This French attitude towards English may well be changing with the up and coming generation in France who realise the futility of waving the Linguistic Tricouleur - they know how silly it is to try and resist in King Canute style the English Language tide washing over the European Union and what's left of the European Continent not yet admitted to the Union, in which one day (soon I hope) the € will be the all embracing currency.

God forbid that the French Language goes into any kind of decline -that will never, ever happen - and the same applies to all the other European Languages whih all contribute enormously to the wonderful diversity to Europe generally, even with English becoming it's Lingua Franca in economic and social terms.

The death of any Language, however obscure and remote, is one human tragedy.
AL   Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:56 pm GMT
mjd

You appear to be the main person who provoked the TROLL in mid 2005.

For example:

just waiting for my ftp server authorisation pass, to upload the FLOODER
and MJD can suck his d**k while deleting...

This TROLL did damage ANTIMOON. I am totally against the TROLL's actions.

So, mjd, it is not just GREG and me. MJD, do you really think that you are a suitable moderator?
Paul   Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:44 pm GMT
AL
Do you think that you are a suitable member of this forum?
What in the world did the mods do to you? Murder your children?
Please, explain. I really want to know.
Laura Braun   Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:27 pm GMT
However I started this thread to greet mjd jim and my friends so please administrators, could you close the thread, the X-mas finished approximately month ago. I don't want someone to argue at my own thread which was intend only for good, peaceful reason. MJD JIM and Antonio thank you very much for your kind wishes. God bless you all of you.
AL   Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:24 am GMT
Laura,

I was very good, very peaceful and very helpful. Yet, you choose to write "I don't want someone to argue at my own thread which was intend only for good, peaceful reason." You can't even bring yourself to use my name.

You maybe a good person, but discredited actions will win out over good, if enough good people look the other way. This is what your posting above is helping to facilitate.
AL   Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:41 am GMT
PAUL,

Rather than look at my case, lets have a look at how someone else
reacted to his treatment here:

<< This site is very rasist and some people, such as Tifany, someone and others that I don't remember their names, don't like new people.
Below is a brief explanation of what happened and I wish some people will have a chance to read ir before the site will be shut down.

A few months ago I started posting and of course I was new and perhaps because of that some people here didn't like that fact I was doing pretty good . They started making fun of my English and said something really stupid, that "I am not from Ohio".I consider it stupid because a nickname doesn't have anything to do with a real name, location etc, it's just a nickname that people choose upon thei free will.
Anyway all those poeple's posts weren'r deleted until I contacted the webmaster, perhaps Tom. Obviously these people that were against my posts , were racists and I assume they were somehow connected to the webmasters.
So, I am glad that some people are against this forum. >>
AL   Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am GMT
Paul,

And here is some more information from the same person - Note that I would't react this way but as a result of what has happened to me here, I can understand people writing such posts and would say the following post is relatively mild in comparison with the treatment that one can receive here.

<< I respect all the cultures on Earth and I have never said anythinga gainst anybody, but when I am treated badly without any raeson I get upset and I might respond in the same way. I didn't do it , in my case, until I got realy frustrated.
As soon as I joined this forum, I got kicked from each corner.Why? Because some people her didn't like the fact a new person started giving advice about the English language. These few people I mentioned above were the ones who, before I joined, were giving advice alll the time and of course they were very proud of themselves. I don't have a problem with that, but their egos were cut short perhaps, when somebody else landed on a field full of big egos, but at the same time without respect for others and in some ways without logic in what they were saying aginst me. When I started to explain some computer terminology (I am an IT engineer in fact) , they made fun of those too.This showed me actually how little brain these people had, because I posted links and text that I copied from the most professional sites.
My problem didn't have anything to do with linguistics, or cultural interests etc, just a problem of ego.

I believe all these threads were deleted.
I wish they weren't so other people could see them >>
AL   Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:56 am GMT
Laura,

As is often the case, people ignore the sufferring of victims, until they themselves become a victim. Your writings show that you are not a victim.

"However I started this thread to greet mjd jim and my friends so please administrators, could you close the thread, the X-mas finished approximately month ago. I don't want someone to argue at my own thread which was intend only for good, peaceful reason. MJD JIM and Antonio thank you very much for your kind wishes. God bless you all of you. "
Rui   Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:00 pm GMT
AL

You're a Romanian informatics engineer living in USA right?
Paul   Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:01 pm GMT
"Because some people her didn't like the fact a new person started giving advice about the English language. These few people I mentioned above were the ones who, before I joined, were giving advice alll the time and of course they were very proud of themselves"

Why do you not name those people, AL? Maybe we could understand better your suffering.
AL   Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:43 am GMT
mjd wrote:

<< AL said:

"Obviously these people that were against my posts , were racists and I assume they were somehow connected to the webmasters."

In addition to opening up a book of grammar so that you might improve your writing -- i.e., use of commas, independent & dependent clauses, etc. -- you should also probably refrain from making unwarranted assumptions. Why would you assume any connection to the "webmasters"?

Antimoon is an open forum. Some people choose to make the most of it, while others, for whatever reason, like to post nonsense and disparage people. When a moderator notices the latter, those posts are deleted. >>

For clarification purposes, I didn't write - "Obviously these people that were against my posts , were racists and I assume they were somehow connected to the webmasters." I was quoting the poster "from OHIO" who stated this in June 2005. Perhaps the misunderstanding is my fault for not making it clear enough for you.

Based on my experiences here, I can understand someone like "from OHIO" reacting in the way he did to his treatment here and I empathise with him. However, I would not react as severely as he did.
AL   Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:56 am GMT
To mjd,

In addition to "from Ohio", there was, of course, the Hythloday case.
Paul   Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:41 pm GMT
AL
Feel free to call Hythloday/Aidan McLaren 'dumbass'. He quite enjoys being called 'dumbass'.
AL   Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:18 am GMT
Somebody going by the name "from OHIO" has posted in the thread "Phrase, 'Don't Get Me Started'"
Damian in Edinburgh   Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:00 am GMT
Uriel - sorry to be so tardy but thank you so much for all those Yiddish words and their explanations....yes, Dakin was a putz right enough....I know a few putzes myself. I've duly noted them all and am certain that they will be invaluable to me the next time I'm in Golders Green, which on present indications shoudn't be too long from now.