Is Antimoon expanding?

dan   Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:04 am GMT
Since its inception, what has been the year by year Growth of Antimooners?
macco   Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:20 am GMT
Who are antimooners? I keep an eye on these forums and I get the impression that they get filled with increasingly trivial content. Maybe all the serious things have been said, or maybe the serious teachers have given up.
greg   Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:52 pm GMT
macco → je pencherais pour la seconde possibilité.
Sergey   Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:26 pm GMT
I'd say they need decent forum engline, like invision power board for example. With only registered members allowed to post messages. With more sections of the forums. Etc.
K. T.   Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:13 pm GMT
If there are only registered members, freedom of expression will be limited. I hate it when a good language site melts into a nicey-nice,
village of gossips where no one dares to tell the emperor that he has no clothes because they are afraid that they'll be banned.
K. T.   Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:24 pm GMT
Wtf are you talking about? Is it so hard to register? With registration you avoid spam, stupid posts, ads etc. You get email notification. You name it.

ps. you will not have to type damn "blanc" all of the time.
K. T.   Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:13 am GMT
Plus it'd also clear out a lot of the idiots and trolls that have been infesting these forums lately.
Sergey   Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:30 am GMT
See, now you are agreeing with me. So get us normal forum now!
K. T.   Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:47 am GMT
Actually I didn't write all those messages. I don't curse in this forum.
K. T.   Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:50 am GMT
And therein is a good reason for introducing registration. No more impersonating another user!
K. T. (yes, the real one   Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:54 am GMT
I won't post here if we have to register-no great loss, but I imagine many others will not post here as well.

I don't care if I have to put "blanc" in the form. Maybe Tom could change it to "blank" and we could have a little laugh about that-only the clued-in members would post the "right" answer.

I don't know why we have to use a French word unless it's to fool spammers. It's kind of funny, actually, because we are supposed to use only ENGLISH here. Oh well, not my forum, not my site.
K. T.   Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:01 am GMT
So its ok for you where everyone can write as If I were you??
K. T. で&#1   Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:22 am GMT
There are plenty of language forums where you can tow the line according to the people who worship, I mean, post there.

Antimoon is unique. If you know another language forum that is as open as Antimoon, please tell me.

Yes, that's me with the hiragana. I could have used the Kanji, but then I'd be accused of being pretentious or something.
Sergey   Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:52 am GMT
What are other engl. learning forum you know?
K. T.   Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:47 am GMT
There is an English forum where you can get help from kind, retired (I guess) English teachers. I forget the name of the best one. I haven't looked at it for months.

I don't know any forum like Antimoon with language and English forums, and the occasional very good thread. Hey, and then there is dear Uriel.
That girl can write! I don't agree with her all the time, but I recognize a good writer! If Uriel wants a registered forum, she gets it! No, just kidding. It's up to Tom.

Anyway, I won't post as K. T. anymore, to avoid confusion with the other KT, etc.