How Many More Languages Could You Learn IF

K. T.   Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:31 am GMT
You didn't post on internet language sites?

I'm guessing some of you could learn at least one more language a year.

OR

Do you learn enough that it makes it worthwhile for you to read/post/and learn?

The ball is in your court.
K. T.   Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:35 am GMT
I'll just add this. I heard a man say that if someone gave up television it would be possible to learn a foreign language in a year. I don't watch much television, but for many people being on online at work, at home, in the coffee shop is a reality. Are we learning enough to benefit from being online so much?
blanc   Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:03 am GMT
I don't think so, I don't just 'learn' languages just like that. I mean, I choose a few languages and stick with them for life, no little 'affairs'.
Caspian   Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:59 pm GMT
I've never possessed a television in my life, so does that mean I have an advantage over everybody else?
Xie   Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:22 am GMT
Interesting question. Would it be even more efficient to sleep optimally - don't sleep too much? Let's say?

I may know what you mean: we often spend far more time on aimless browsing than on serious matters, or funny matters. The same time I spend on antimoon can be spent on films and language books and calling friends and so on...
Fervent   Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:30 am GMT
Lol, just as long as you don't overdo it, I don't think it's a problem... Besides, I don't think it would be healthy to get to the point where you carry your computer with you to the toilet so you don't miss out on studying while you shit.
guest2   Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:06 am GMT
K. T.,

Two-part answer:

1. I've read things on Antimoon that have definitely helped in my understanding of effective language learning.

2. Having said that, if I had sworn off long ago and spent all that time learning... Oh well, one of these days.
In Reply   Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:41 pm GMT
Thanks to all who replied. Some sites are very good, with good links, but what a time trade-off it is. It's better to study now, I think.
Gregory   Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:20 am GMT
The instructions are good.........er and helpfull.
Dummy in the South   Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:13 am GMT
What instructions? I think many people could learn a new language if they gave up TV or used the internet less.
Aargh!   Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:11 pm GMT
I'm starting to think that maybe it would be possible to learn two or three languages in the new year if I didn't post on sites where people argue about languages (whether or not they actually speak any!)