I dont understand some english sentences

Leena   Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:08 am GMT
hi i have some questions
when u say stop being such a coconut..what does it mean?
Dont be too long..can i use it to tell any one not to stay a long time??
Dont made it in one piece from london..i didnt understand that previous sentence at all can u explain it for me??
I dont want to get Delhi BELLY on my first day..what belly means here is it a disease or what ????

LEENA.........
Guest   Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:24 am GMT
"Delhi BELLY " - sick with gastro. and usually diarrhea follows.
To make it in one piece - to survive.
don't be too long - don't stay too long.
stop being such a coconut - stop being so stupid (?)
Terry   Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:12 pm GMT
Don't be too long also means don't take such a long time doing something.

belly means stomach.
Leena   Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:07 am GMT
Thank u GUEST for your reply,I appreciate your help

Thank u Terry so much
leena   Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:09 am GMT
hello again
what does it mean when i say MC Hammer?
I saw a sentence in one movie that one tells the other while he watches chineese dances (The chineese version of American idol)Is this a saying or what i didnt understand it well???
Did i tell u about this fellow who went to America and made it rich?Is this one made america rich or he became rich in US?
Kate   Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:15 pm GMT
MC Hammer was a popular American singer during the 1980s and early 1990s. I'm pretty sure he would be classified as a rap artist. He had his own signature dance that he did, which is pretty recognizable by people who were familiar with him when he was popular. Probably in the movie they were saying that the Chinese dancers were dancing in a way that was similar to MC Hammer's dance.

<<Did i tell u about this fellow who went to America and made it rich?>> This means that the man went to America and became rich.
leena   Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:01 am GMT
kate thank u so much 4 ur great infotmations i dont know wat could i do without u and all helpful members of this wonderful forum
Kate   Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:56 pm GMT
You're very welcome! :)
Leena   Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:14 am GMT
i have just watched a movie and found some strange words i cant understand like word (dibidim) ex they watch be dibidim..is this a slang language??
Leena   Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:06 am GMT
i heared a song but there were some sentences were hard to understand for me..i just want a man who gives some back.What does back mean here?
who talk to me and not my rack..what does rack mean??
Guest   Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:34 am GMT
a man who gives some back = a man who gives his lady attention in return.
rack = breasts
Leena   Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:21 am GMT
thank u guest so much for ur help
lidi   Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:51 pm GMT
Im English, and i personally have never told anyone to stop being such a 'coconut.' i usually say ''What the hell are you on??'' i prefere this version.
Guest   Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:54 pm GMT
A 'coconut' could be an islander.
Oswald   Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:24 am GMT
I find there's a lot of confusion in the use of me and I, etc.

For example, "He told my friend and I the truth" is so obviously wrong.
You can see by breaking it down: "He told my friend the truth and he told me the truth." So it has to be "He told my friend and me." You wouldn't say he told I the truth!!