Sander, The Second Coming

Tony   Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:48 am GMT
He may be coming back.
Uriel   Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:52 am GMT
About time! But I doubt it's really him.
Gast   Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:42 pm GMT
"He may be coming back."

How do you know?
Damian in Edinburgh   Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:23 pm GMT
If a guy purporting to be Sander comes back onto the scene just ask him whereabouts he comes from......if he says Bergen op Zoom, then it's the genuine article. Then ask him for the exact location of that place and if he tells you it's in the Netherlands, south of Rotterdam, just east of Walcheren island and a couple of kms or so north of the Belgian border then he really is the Sander of old.

If, on the other hand, he just says Bergen in response to your first question then treat him with suspicion...he may well be a spy. There is another Bergen which is not "op" to anything, especially a "zoom" - that Bergen is just plain old Bergen, and is in Norway, not the Netherlands, and it rains an awful lot in that Bergen. All the rain we Scots don't want ends up falling on the Norwegian Bergen and Bergen op Zoom just gets the excess rain from the English, to which they have the dubious honour of being much closer.
Sander   Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:26 pm GMT
Hi I am from Bergen op Zoom. The exact location of that place is in the Netherlands, south of Rotterdam, just east of Walcheren island and a couple of kms or so north of the Belgian border.

I just want to know why the English give us their excess rain!
Damian in Edinburgh   Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:18 pm GMT
No idea.......I suppose they have to get rid of their excessive fluvial overflow somehow so why not dump it on the Dutch and the Belgians? You are only a hop and a skip and a jump away after all. I got drenched with English rain when I was in Ieper (formerly Ypres) last Sepetember.

Maybe they think your tulips need a wee bit more of a watering. Don't be such a grouch.....the Norwegians never whinge about getting constantly doused with superfluous Scottish rain so lighten up, pal! ;-)

Bergen op Zoom or not I suspect you are an impostor! I don't believe you are the genuine Dutchman we all knew and admired. Say something in Dutch......we have ways of knowing how authentic it will be.....
Sander   Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:57 am GMT
Ik kom uit Bergen op Zoom. De precieze locatie van die plaats is in Nederland ten zuiden van Rotterdam, net ten oosten van het eiland Walcheren en een paar kilometer van de Belgische grens.

Ik hou van Italiaans en Japans eten. Daarnaast ben ik een grote fan van vreemde talen.
Uriel   Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:14 am GMT
Nope, not enough attitude to be our old Sander.