How is my French?

chatte   Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:53 pm GMT
French is much harder than English that's a fact
Caspian   Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:04 pm GMT
Not a fact - it depends on the point of view. An Italian would find French easier, a German would find French easier.

And usefulness is also a matter of perspective - there's no right or wrong here.
Kate Blanc   Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:52 pm GMT
''An Italian would find French easier''

Not really. Italians are lazy and English grammar is easier. Nowadays, more people study English in Italy than French.
Guest   Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:26 am GMT
I kinda like how French sounds but I don't like the spelling. It's hard to know the spelling of a word by the sound and there are way too many silent letters, sometimes 4 in a word. I know that English does not have perfect phonetics by far, but it is better than French I think.
my name   Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:30 am GMT
English is always easier tp anybody.
Mark Twain said, it takes only a couple of hours to learn elementary English, whereas to acquire a basic proficiency in French it would take as many weeks (and as many months with German).
It seems to me he was right.
Kite white   Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:18 am GMT
>>How do you pronounce "merde"? is the final e pronounced ?
I don't think the final 'e' is pronounced<<

It depends on the region in France the speaker is from.

Generally in the south of France the final e is pronounced but in most of the rest of France the final e is silent.
blanchette   Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:08 pm GMT
Mark Twain said, it takes only a couple of hours to learn elementary English, whereas to acquire a basic proficiency in French it would take as many weeks (and as many months with German).

This is the most stupid thing I have ever heard!
nico   Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:18 pm GMT
We can hear you pay a lot of attention about your pronunciation, and we can understand you. You need to practice and you will speak weel. Well done!!
Original Guest User   Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:52 am GMT
How is your French? I don't know...why don't you sit on your knees first...OK. Now...go on!
Tonio   Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:01 pm GMT
dear Kate blanc,

"Italians are lazy"

Wrong and you are stupid, i speak french llike many other people here in Italy, especially the 40's years old people.