Can you give me some feedback on my pronunciation please?

Studentofenglish   Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:59 pm GMT
Hello,
I've been learning English for a few years now and I'm not really confident when it comes to speaking or writing, but I thought I'd post something so that I could get some feedback and hopefully improve my spoken English.
http://www.livemocha.com/tutor/English/review/4966750
Keep in mind that I'm far from fluent. Any advice are welcome.
Moreover, I've tried shadowing already and it didn't work quite well - if you know how to use that technique properly, do explain how you make it work for you.
By the way, I have Skype and I am happy to chat with anyone. Thank you
Robin Michael   Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:04 pm GMT
I thought your pronunciation was very good. There is a big difference between reading out a passage and 'thinking on you feet'.

What country do you come from?
Robin Michael   Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:32 pm GMT
The example of Spoken English was left on the livemocha.com Web Site. I had a look at what they were offering. It is quite interesting, however this is a clever form of advertising.
Jasper   Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:24 pm GMT
StudentofEnglish, your pronunciation is excellent for a non-native. Although accented, it's very easy to understand.

Assuming that you were shadowing correctly, if it didn't work for you, your only other recourse will be a speech teacher.
Caspian   Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:41 pm GMT
VERY good accent. What's your Skype ID? I can help you if you want, being native British.
Damian in Edinburgh   Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:06 pm GMT
Studentofenglish:

The reading was very clear and so easy to understand, it was pleasureable to relax and listen to you. I would say that you come from the Far East somewhere? You could well be the lady giving out all the traffic and travel reports on BBC Radio Five Live! Her voice is so soothing that congestion on the Queensferry Road no longer sounds quite so horrendous.
TommyHawk:   Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:13 pm GMT
Caspian, my skype id is : asad.khan1
i have same problem.
Studentofenglish   Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:16 pm GMT
Hello,
thank you very much for your answers.
My Skype ID is d0nna.noble, I would be very happy to chat with you, Caspian. It is very nice of you to offer your help.
You can actually see my profile on the website, and I'm French and French is my sole native language (and I can provide a recording if any doubt subsists about my nationality.)
TommyHawk:   Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:39 pm GMT
asad.khan61 is the correct one.
cio   Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:00 am GMT
great accent and soothing voice.