Which of These?

No name, please   Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:12 am GMT
Please choose from one of the following and direct me to any materials you have used.

Korean
Arabic (MSA)
Alsatian
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Hungarian
Swahili
Navajo/Navaho
Icelandic
Turkish
Lithuanian

I am most interested in people who have mastered one of these as a foreign speaker, although the native speaker may respond. You may reply in any of the following languages: English
French, Spanish, Japanese, German, Mandarin, Portuguese, Greek,
Hebrew, Dutch, Norwegian, Italian, Catalan, Latin or Romanian.
NNP   Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:13 am GMT
Please tell me why I should choose the language you say. Thank-you.
Remember, you don't have to respond in English.
polyglot   Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:27 pm GMT
No name please, if you know all those languages why are you going on writing only in English? Come on! Are you so shy? English is quite boring in a language forum
Caspian   Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:36 pm GMT
He did in fact say that you can use any of those languages. So I'm going to use French.

De toutes ces langues, la seule langue que j'ai jamais essayé d'apprendre est le lituanien. C'est un des deux langues Baltiques. Si on ne l'a jamais appris, il semble que le lituanien et le russe sont similaires - mais en fait, ce n'est pas le cas.

Le lituanien a beaucoup d'inflexions - le nominatif, accusatif etc, pour dire qui on a fait quelque chose, où on l'a fait, avec qui / quoi on l'a fait etc - ça fait la langue très difficile si on n'aime pas les inflexions, mais c'est une langue très, très intéressante, et en Angleterre il y a un tas de lituaniens avec qui on peut apprendre, et le parler.

Un site ici pour apprendre le lituanien - et on peut le lire en espagnol aussi.

http://www.debeselis.net/
NNP   Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:58 pm GMT
Merci pour le lien, Caspian. C'est vraiment gentil de ta part.

Polyglot, you can write in any language under the list of languages or English, of course. For example, if you speak Japanese and you have learned Hungarian, feel free to write about your experience in Japanese.
Obviously, I do not know Hungarian.
NNP   Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:00 am GMT
Oh well. I give up. This is probably a question for a site where there are more enthusiastic language learners.

I thought it would be interesting, not just for me, to see the answers and responses in these languages.

I have to keep changing my nick anyway because apparently I chose nicknames of other people or they chose mine. Don't assume.
Guest   Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:22 am GMT
Oh K.T. you're so endearing.
rom   Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:02 am GMT
K.T., do you really think there is anyone who has learn Navajo here or Alsatian? That's pretty unlikely... The only reason someone would learn one of them is because of very specific reasons... probably one in a million language learners learn Navajo.