A Japanese comedians attempt at fake languages.

Super Korean   Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:27 am GMT
This is a Japanese comedian's attempt at fake foreign languages.
It begins around at 0:53 with fake German.
What do you guys think of it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61q8xQ7TMtM
a   Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:57 am GMT
What were the rest of the languages? I thought I heard Mandarin and Korean in there.
J.C.   Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:10 am GMT
Thanks for the video!!! Actually it's the first time I see Tamori doing something interesting.
IMO the only languages that he couldn't imitate properly were Spanish (It sounded more like Italian to me) and Russian. I really loved when he did the Korean and North Korean distinction :)

Oh yeah, when he did the German thingy it was also cool!!!
bubble   Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:11 am GMT
It goes:
German
Russian
Spanish
Chinese
Italian is suggested, he says it won't be much different from Spanish.
Korean
I don't know what the last one is... North Korean, based on what J.C. said?

I agree that the Spanish doesn't sound right.
...   Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:51 am GMT
You all know that this is lame, right?
uterus   Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:55 am GMT
I think that he could probably do a better imitation if he weren't purposely exaggerating for comic effect.
uterus   Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:57 am GMT
Too bad he didn't do English though. That would've been itneresting.
Guest   Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:42 pm GMT
I loved it.
Invité d'honneur   Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:11 pm GMT
The Korean imitation is what I liked best. It could be that it's the language he has the best feel for (there even was the signature "sumida" thingy at the end of his sentences). However, I wasn't convinced by his imitation of the other languages. One of the reasons might be that as a Japanese speaker, he can only access a range of sounds that is narrower than those of the languages he's trying to fake.
Language Lover   Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:03 am GMT
I laughed at one of them-mostly out of surprise. Boy, Totto-chan never changes! She must be a highlander.

Overall, it was interesting to see that Japanese impressions are pretty close to how Americans hear those languages too. The Spanish was the worst of the bunch.