English

Hispalo   Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:52 pm GMT
English is the most spoken language whatever you say. Spanish and french are pathetic.
biella   Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:55 pm GMT
Which is the topic of this thread?
Hispalo   Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:59 pm GMT
"Which is the topic of this thread? "

there is not, it is just a provocation to the frogs and taco easters! mother fucker!
Image   Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:20 pm GMT
L'anglais a une mauvaise image.

L'usage de cette langue est trop souvent corrélé avec:
- ignorance
- sottise
- homosexualité
Gigolo   Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:21 pm GMT
I'm neither a frog nor a taco easter but this is what I'm doing right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzi4Hv7s3I0
Danilo   Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:25 am GMT
Ops! Hispalo you are wrong:
http://www.krysstal.com/spoken.html
The most spoken language of the world is: Mandarin with 1 billion and 120 millions speakers, english has only 510 millions speakers (a half).
But english is and will be for a long time (years, decades, and probably centuries) the most important language.
someone   Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:24 pm GMT
“English is the most spoken language whatever you say.”

Whatever you say, as a language English is also fucked-up.
Guest   Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:04 pm GMT
Spanish is more spoken than English as native language .
shortie   Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:13 pm GMT
<<Spanish is more spoken than English as native language .>>

This is especially true if you measure speech by the number of syllables spoken across the globe each day. I'd guess that Spanish must outnumber English by a two-to-one or three-to-one margin using this measure.
choutte   Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:47 pm GMT
ignorance
- sottise
- homosexualité

Quelle est le rapport entre l'homosexualité, la sottise et l'ignorance? Les homosexuels sont bien plus cultivés que les autres, au moins le plus souvent et le message d'image le révèle!
Caspian   Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:57 pm GMT
<< Les homosexuels sont bien plus cultivés que les autres >>

Euh - non.

Mais c'est vrai ça? L'anglais americain ou l'anglais de Grand-Bretagne??
Schumacher   Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:24 pm GMT
"English is the most spoken language whatever you say. Spanish and french are pathetic."

No. Chinese is the most spoken language in the World. After this World crisis this language will be, probably, the Asian lingua franca, and not English.

Spanish, and not English, is the most spoken Western language. It is the lingua franca of the Americas, the first of second language of all the countries, but Canada.

Arabic is the most spoken language of Africa and Middle East. It is also the lingua franca of the Muslim World.

Russian is also the most spoken language of Europe, including former USSR.

English is spoken as a majority language in countries over 1 million people in USA, UK, Canada, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. So, there are only 6 countries where the language is spoken everyday by the majority of the population.

German is spoken in 3 of them (Germany, Austria and Switzerland) and English in 6. The difference is not so big. Spanish and Arabic are the majority language in over 20 countries, for instance.

English is not so strong than people can think.